Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for funds to transfer to solicitor to actually getting keys?

• 16-05-2019 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

The bank is causing numerous delays in checking documentation but I'm hoping they will have everything reviewed and accepted today.

If the bank gets everything in place today how long would it take to transfer funds/get the keys?

I was meant to have them last week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Izzie99 wrote: »
    The bank is causing numerous delays in checking documentation but I'm hoping they will have everything reviewed and accepted today.

This isn't with Ulster Bank by any chance is it?

This isn't with Ulster Bank by any chance is it?

Basically UB have been messing us around for the last couple of weeks.
    Just got an email from our solicitor there to say the funds are on their way and we should be good to close early next week.
    As for the timing of it, the last piece of info/paperwork we supplied to the bank was in Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Basically UB have been messing us around for the last couple of weeks.
    Just got an email from our solicitor there to say the funds are on their way and we should be good to close early next week.
    As for the timing of it, the last piece of info/paperwork we supplied to the bank was in Tuesday.

Couple of weeks since they issued the mortgage offer to your solicitor?

voluntary wrote: »
    Couple of weeks since they issued the mortgage offer to your solicitor?

I think it's been 6 weeks since our solicitor received the offer. They kept coming back looking for clarification on things and messing us around. We clarified something on a signature on Tuesday. Still no answer yesterday so we threatened a formal complaint through our broker yesterday and got word this morning that the funds have been released.

Our broker said the bank were being ridiculous and that if we wanted to complain they'd back us up. They've been getting loads of complaints about people trying to close with Ulster Bank lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Banks are getting more careful these days. It's like a warning sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Those pesky banks. Lending you hundreds of thousands of euro and they have the cheek to double check paperwork.

laotg wrote: »
    Those pesky banks. Lending you hundreds of thousands of euro and they have the cheek to double check paperwork.

I understand that, but they were questioning the same things multiple times. We would give them an answer, they would say "fine" and then come back to the same thing a week later. Lack of internal communications was what they blamed it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Izzie99

They told me they were waiting on an email which was sent last week. I told her and when she checked the system she said she'd move it on.

How the hell could they have missed it for a week. Its a joke.

BOI and definitely will be next week now

Izzie99 wrote: »
    They told me they were waiting on an email which was sent last week. I told her and when she checked the system she said she'd move it on.

How the hell could they have missed it for a week. Its a joke.

BOI and definitely will be next week now

Yeah, we were having issues with lost paperwork, our solicitor had proof of it being signed for in their office. 2 days later, adamant it wasn't received. Solicitor rings them, gives the name of the person that signed for it, "Oh here it is yeah"...

Advertisement