Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doom Eternal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

We can take control of a demon and invade other player's games, á la Dark Souls (but will be an entirely optional feature). I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Absolute hype

Game looks like doom 2016 on steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I didn't think this was going to be as Jaw dropping as it was..absolutely on board for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gah, this looks good. Good enough to make me try the previous one again. Twice i've tried to get into it but lose interest very quickly. Same with the Wolfenstein games for some reason. Something is just not clicking with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Day 1 purchase for me, last game was insanely good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Why isn't there more people talking about this. The game looks amazing. If you've any love for the FPS genre, you need to be excited for this. When he pulls the guy via the red card around his neck- that was bad ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Liamario wrote: »
    Why isn't there more people talking about this. The game looks amazing. If you've any love for the FPS genre, you need to be excited for this. When he pulls the guy via the red card around his neck- that was bad ass!

Jeeze we get it, it was awesome! No need to post four times! :P

I like it's maintaining the tongue in cheek, self awareness of the first. Laughed when he started dragging the keycard. Reminded me of the opening scene where Doomguy (or now the "Doomslayer") pushes the screen away.

Which reminds me... severe lack of Hayden being shown... or was he / it? Didn't he
    get away in the first one?

How they managed to improve on the first is beyond me. I had the same grin on my face watching the gameplay videos as I had playing the first.

This and RE2make are now on the "defninitely buying" list.

It's a shame there's no release date. Won't be seeing it this year anyway ;-(
    I'm sure we'll be seeing Hayden as a final boss. I wonder what they're implying with the 'Doom Universe'.

I'm wondering will the PC release of this (and Rage 2) be on Bethesda.net only á la Fallout 76, or will they be coming to Steam.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering will the PC release of this (and Rage 2) be on Bethesda.net only á la Fallout 76, or will they be coming to Steam.

I have to imagine they'll be on Bethesda site first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Is it my imagination or does this feel a lot slower than Doom 2016? Maybe it's just because they're demoing it and they want to show everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

Super shotgun grappling hook.... Mother o Jaysus. Invasion looks like craic! Also the fact their building the lore and universe is a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,487 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Gah, this looks good. Good enough to make me try the previous one again. Twice i've tried to get into it but lose interest very quickly.

I felt very "meh" about the first two hours of it, but it just got better and better. Try it again and stick with it.

Is it my imagination or does this feel a lot slower than Doom 2016? Maybe it's just because they're demoing it and they want to show everything.

Was thinking that too. Maybe it's to emphasise the shotgun-grapple? Definitely feels like it's running at 0.8 speed compared to the first.

I did cringe at the mention of the "extended universe". To be honest I didn't even read any of the lore in Doom (2016)!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Blank_f88078_6699789.jpg

Twitter was a mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Who would have thought a furry wouldn't have a sense of humour?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Ah Twitter's not to blame, just gives eejits like this a platform to share their "ideas"... and I also think this is a troll.

As someone who identifies themself as "demonkin", I don't find it in any way offensive.

(P.S. I don't identify as demonkin... that's just f*cking stupid... although now I wouldn't be surprised if it actually existed... and no, I'm not going to search that. Who knows what 4chan board I'll come across!)

Looks the same as the last one?

Looks the same as the last one?

Well... yeah... And that's a good thing! :P

Looking forward to the new mechanics and seeing what else they have to offer with the locations. I'm sure there's a great twist in there somewhere (and the Demon Doomslayer was just a tease).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

A funny take on the whole "controversy"

A funny take on the whole "controversy"

A funny take on the word "funny".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Christ, can I not just kill demons with a chainsaw without a bunch of fookin' kunts indulging in their culture wars over it. Those people that wrote those tweets are too precious to exist on this planet but the guy that made that video is an unbelievable penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Christ, can I not just kill demons with a chainsaw without a bunch of fookin' kunts indulging in their culture wars over it. Those people that wrote those tweets are too precious to exist on this planet but the guy that made that video is an unbelievable penis.
    Every single one of them...

F9M5npI.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A gaming ‘controversy’ explained:

1. Rando(s) on twitter makes silly, oversensitive comment.
    2. Right-wing reactionaries (e.g. AngryGamerLad69) have a disproportionate freak out about it.
    3. 99.99% of people will either a) never encounter the ‘controversy’, or b) give not a single solitary **** about it.

And the world spins madly on, but with a grappling hook this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sigh, yet another generic disgusting, testosterone fueled gore-fest full of more over-the top pointless murders and violence.
    I can't fúcking wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

meh, I thought it was funny but I guess it depends on where you hear the story first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Ah here.

It looks like a **** ton of fun. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

It looks amazing, I’m lucky enough to be still working my way through the first one 20 months later – what a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Looks like more of the 2016 game which I played briefly. I thought it was outright inferior to the original doom (especially with a couple of mods). I'm also guessing the map creator will have all those ridiculous design and console limitations again. Probably a solid FPS for the current desperate market but still far from anything that makes me even consider shelling out €60.

Advertisement