Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tagging on and off

Options
  • 06-12-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering when the new Luas opens : If I got on in Cherrywood and off in Phibsborough do you have to tag off when getting off at Steven green and tag on again when getting the Luas cross city or do you just tag off in Phibsborough does that make any sense.

Planning to do this next week how much would that fare cost there seem to be a maxim daily limit on my leep card so maybe it would cost the same as a Cherrywood to Steven green fare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Digging around the Leep card site it seem you do have to tag on and off for different Luas line although it does not mention the Luas cross city per say.

Leep card is great successes and seem much better than the systme they have in Manchester where they must be loosing a massive amount with all the non paying fares they have. I saw an almost complete tram carriage empty when the ticket checkers got on they apparently just wait and get the next tram.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

There is no such thing as the LUAS Cross City line, the Cross City project is simply an extension of the Green line.

Alright so I understood it incorrectley it will be seamless from Cherrywood to Phibsborough?

Some of the trams will not run the full route and will terminate at Parnell in the same way that currently some Green Line trams terminate at Sandyford and others carry on to Brides Glen.

But for purposes of tagging on/off Cherrywood to Phibsborough will be seamless, tag on at Cherrywood and off at Phibsborough.

devnull wrote: »
    Some of the trams will not run the full route and will terminate at Parnell in the same way that currently some Green Line trams terminate at Sandyford and others carry on to Brides Glen.

But for purposes of tagging on/off Cherrywood to Phibsborough will be seamless, tag on at Cherrywood and off at Phibsborough.

Any clue what the fare would be considering the daily cap on a leep card.

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »
    Any clue what the fare would be considering the daily cap on a leep card.

You can calculate your fare here:
    https://luas.ie/stop-to-stop-calculator.html

The site has already been updated with the new zones and map.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

All those zones are ridiculous.

You can calculate your fare here:
    https://luas.ie/stop-to-stop-calculator.html

The site has already been updated with the new zones and map.

If I have done it correctly its says it will be 2.50 that is fantastic value.

If I have done it correctly its says it will be 2.50 that is fantastic value.

Sorry - that's for cash prices, I think they are wrong anyway because that fare is the fare for two zones and the trip is a lot longer than two zones that you outline.

However the maximum cash fare on leap is €2.50 anyway:
    https://luas.ie/single-and-return-tickets.html

Sorry - that's for cash prices, I think they are wrong anyway because that fare is the fare for two zones and the trip is a lot longer than two zones that you outline.

However the maximum cash fare on leap is €2.50 anyway:
    https://luas.ie/single-and-return-tickets.html

That is a bit confusing I have done it twice and its still saying 2.50 I will have to do it and see what happens. I am looking forwards to trying it love trying new things like that.

• Advertisement

That is a bit confusing I have done it twice and its still saying 2.50 I will have to do it and see what happens. I am looking forwards to trying it love trying new thing like that.

The fare calculator that was in my first link is for CASH prices.

But it seems to be set-up wrong as it gives you the two zone trip price despite the fact it's more than two zones.

Advertisement