Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Overrated.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Overrated.

I was awaiting the comeback

Good timing tbf :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was awaiting the comeback

Good timing tbf :P

Been waiting a while to get you back

Been waiting a while to get you back

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Ordered from Amazon UK, not holding out much hope of having this by the 10th ��

Shipping it early as good Friday is a Bank Holiday in the UK too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Well.....is it good.....

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Niska wrote: »
    It is indeed.

That's enough! We may need a spoiler thread for this :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Edit: Showing FF VII as out of stock.

Showing as in stock for home delivery now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Available for some people, mine is still showing as the 6th, think others are still on the 8th.

Christ I haven't been like this before release of a game since I was a kid, nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any idea how long Smyths usually take for delivery?

I'd imagine they have it in stock now if they just released more so you'd probably get it by Friday

I'd imagine they have it in stock now if they just released more so you'd probably get it by Friday

Cheers, already have it pre ordered digitally so I'll have it Friday anyway, trying to decide if I want to try get it earlier haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Available for some people, mine is still showing as the 6th, think others are still on the 8th.

Christ I haven't been like this before release of a game since I was a kid, nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Same here, mine was showing the 8th earlier, shows the 6th now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya still showing as the 8th for me hahahaha, FML

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Square Enix have said they won't break the digital street date.

Silly if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Square Enix have said they won't break the digital street date.

Silly if you ask me.

I think it's because America wasn't getting physical early, just Europe and Australia. If they released digital early, they'd have the wrath of stores after everyone in the us would cancel their preorder and get digitally instead.

They should have just moved the launch date forward globally.

Sony charge an insane amount of money to move dates like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

Sony charge an insane amount of money to move dates like that.

Even after a game gets delayed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just ordered from Smyths, was going to wait a few weeks but I doubt it will drop in price too much this side of black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

An Post have my game now, "we are processing your item in" as of this afternoon. Fingers crossed for Tuesday delivery.

I saw a post elsewhere about a guys thoughts on the game after clearing it. 35 hours with half the side quests done. He mentioned his feelings about it and gave a 9/10. I didn't read too much into it though as i want to know nothing about the story. I don't want to know what's different and what has stayed the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    An Post have my game now, "we are processing your item in" as of this afternoon. Fingers crossed for Tuesday delivery.

I saw a post elsewhere about a guys thoughts on the game after clearing it. 35 hours with half the side quests done. He mentioned his feelings about it and gave a 9/10. I didn't read too much into it though as i want to know nothing about the story. I don't want to know what's different and what has stayed the same.

They've certainly added a fair bit to the game. It's taken me almost 10 hours just to get to sector 5, whereas in the original, off the top of my head, I could do it in less than an hour.

Mad they haven't brought forward the review embargo since it's out already.

Not hearing amazing things. Kat Bailey said the second reactor is boring and heard the side quests are garbage. The open world type sections are rubbish but there's not much focus on them while the linear sections are pretty bombastic if missing the charm of the original, but that's where the majority of the game is set. Heard boss battles though are great and they've expanded everything to make a much bigger game.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It does sound very fillery, I've been spoiling the game for myself cause it's been out so long now. It's unfortunate how 'side quests' used to be a couple of really well thought out quests with unique mechanics and fun unlocks, now it is more like the type of content you have in an MMO for 80% of them.

The combat does seem great tho. Maybe a little busy once you have three characters in a party and enemies become more complex.

About the late game story(don't click if you want to be fresh)
    oh man this game is going to make people so angry. It is Sons of Liberty all over again

Looking forward to playing it tomorrow

Downloading but it's only 13 gigs :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Showing as in stock for home delivery now.

Ordered saturday night, got a dispatched email this morning from Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Downloaded whatever was there for downloading over night. Still a few days wait. Seems like overkill to let the download happen 4 days early if it is that quick but no harm I suppose

Review embargo is up in 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ordered saturday night, got a dispatched email this morning from Smyths.

If there was ever an advertisement for shopping local :D

still "In preparation" from the squenix store :(

Advertisement