Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving Nostalgia

• 31-10-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

A wonderful 9 minute clip posted by the TEC (Transport Enthusiasts Club) of driving conditions from London to Bath in 1963, when it was mostly S2 with a tiny bit of motorway.

The roads have changed, but some of the driving standards haven't . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/tecmovie#p/a/u/0/JE82FZpq0qM

Aquavid
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

brilliant..my old stamping ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Fantastic video Aquavid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

That's gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Pissed myself laughing at the motorway section. "I don't know why he'd think I'm interested in his politics"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

I loved the bit where he says:

"Of course it would be VERY dangerous to try to overtake here"

and justas he says it a lorry pulls out and overtakes another lorry on a bend, with a white line.

Aquavid

• Advertisement

My first car was a Triumph Herald - but not the red one there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Is there any more footage? Was it edited to meet Youtube's 10min rule? Where's the rest of it if so? An absolute gem of a vid.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Aww - "trafficators".

Good advice for both driving and love though - "When you see a chap like that there's no excuse for getting involved with him".

Advertisement