Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jap import stereo - conversion?

• 10-06-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

It's a lovely 8" Alpine infotainment system but unfortunately it's mostly in Japanese!

Can't change the time on it and the sat nav is set to Japan. The garage put a band expander into the radio so I could get more stations but unfortunately they're only Irish ones. Can't pick up BBC :(

I can manage the bluetooth, CD and stations (even though they're only numbered and not named) but was wondering if the unit can be converted to English? Is there anyone providing this service or do I have to stick with Google translate? It would be great to have the sat nav set to Ireland but I'm guessing this isn't an option? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get the model number of the unit,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get the model number of the unit,

EX008V

Is it fitted to a Toyota?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it fitted to a Toyota?

No, Honda Jazz

Anyone? Can't find anything on the web :(

• Advertisement

It seems to be a Japan only model so unlikely you’ll be able to change language.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

It's a lovely 8" Alpine infotainment system but unfortunately it's mostly in Japanese!

Can't change the time on it and the sat nav is set to Japan. The garage put a band expander into the radio so I could get more stations but unfortunately they're only Irish ones. Can't pick up BBC :(

I can manage the bluetooth, CD and stations (even though they're only numbered and not named) but was wondering if the unit can be converted to English? Is there anyone providing this service or do I have to stick with Google translate? It would be great to have the sat nav set to Ireland but I'm guessing this isn't an option? :confused:
    Can get an FM expander

Can get an FM expander

They already put a band expander into it. I can get BBC through Bluetooth so not too bothered now. My main issue is the language!

This should work

link

I prefer Google Translate!

• Advertisement

Anyone? Can't find anything on the web :(
    Guy on adverts can change some jap cars to English,based in Dublin , definitely was advertising Prius language change to English from Japanese

Can get an FM expander

They already put a band expander into it. I can get BBC through Bluetooth so not too bothered now. My main issue is the language!
    I've answered same query on honda insight central forum,I'll go into it and try and get the details I sent on

he's in city West,nick /name on adverts.ie is nick.ccc,look up his adds,says withdrawn,but he will answer,just go into adverts, create an account etc, hope this helps, expensive but if that's what you want? Personally I'd hop into Halfords,buy one and get them to install etc

Advertisement