Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tired & heavy legs

Options
  • 07-06-2019 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just looking for some help/advice I'm suffering with extremely tight hamstrings at the moment or I should probably say for a very long time so much so I can't raise my leg up very far not even half way and I'm finding a strain I'm just wondering can it be rectified with simple stretching or should I be looking at medical advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just looking for some help/advice I'm suffering with extremely tight hamstrings at the moment or I should probably say for a very long time so much so I can't raise my leg up very far not even half way and I'm finding a strain I'm just wondering can it be rectified with simple stretching or should I be looking at medical advice?
    If it's been going on for a long while I would suggest seeking medical advice just to put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I get this at times, do you sit for long periods at work? I find stretching properly and walking helps a lot I have a couple of kit Laughlins books and they have every stretch you’ll ever need with instructions.

Best to get it checked out by a professional of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mickwat155

I get this at times, do you sit for long periods at work? I find stretching properly and walking helps a lot I have a couple of kit Laughlins books and they have every stretch you’ll ever need with instructions.

Best to get it checked out by a professional of course.

I'm the complete opposite im on my feet for the majority of my day working in a kitchen.. what about cycling would that have any benefit? I run aswell but not competitively

Who would I need to seek advice from if I want down that road? Physiotherapist or local doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mickwat155 wrote: »
    I'm the complete opposite im on my feet for the majority of my day working in a kitchen.. what about cycling would that have any benefit? I run aswell but not competitively

Who would I need to seek advice from if I want down that road? Physiotherapist or local doctor?

A doctor may be able to help identify if there are other factors at work. A doctor might also just suggest a physio anyway. Physio obviously can work on your issue. Your call I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I’d go to a good physio first and see if it helps but no harm at all going to the doctor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement