Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Printing the Family Tree

• 02-03-2019 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I was typing genealogy.ie into the search box when this website popped up instead:

http://genealogyprinters.com/

Has anyone heard of them or used them? Or has anyone sourced a similar service here in Ireland yet?

Comments

Have never heard of them.

If you're in Dublin, it's pretty cheap and easy just to take your USB stick to Eason printers on Nassau Street and they will be very helpful in helping you with printing your family tree, no matter the size.

I did a chart for my niece's christening, going back to the 1600s, didn't cost much and I hope it will be something she'll hold on to.

Definitely shop around, it's generally quite inexpensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for that. I didn't think there were printers in Eason's to print something that large. Something to look into.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

What you want is a roll fed printer but they're expensive and generally not marketed for home use.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Where Easons is actually Reads of Nassau St - Easons own them now but the name is retained.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Where Easons is actually Reads of Nassau St - Easons own them now but the name is retained.
    Oops, yes, that's exactly what I meant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭cobham

Can you tell us more about actual size of a printed family tree? And cost? Do they do it while you wait? My tree is 7 generations plus now and thousands of names 🀔

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Remember all you'll need it on a format that their machines can print from (pdf is ideal because it's static)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement