Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help in finding an old friend

• 16-05-2018 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello folks.  Relatively new member here.  I'm writing from my home just outside of Toronto, Canada.  Following is a post looking for help in finding an old friend that I have placed on a Dublin City Forum here, as well as on Facebook sites for "BRA (Beaumont Residents Association", "Whitehall, Dublin", and "Our Lady of Mercy College, Beaumont".........all with no results, albeit just over 1-2 weeks.  I have also searched Facebook, with no success to date. 
    Someone suggested that I try this group who may be able to provide some help or guidance, perhaps either with a record of marriage or, I am afraid to consider, possibly a death notice.  All that I can think to add to the post below is that her birthday was in November, and I think she was born in either 1954 or 55.
    Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

" Good day everyone.  I’m looking for a little help and, although a bit of a longshot, I thought I’d give this forum  a shot.
    My wife and I travelled to Dublin in March of this year, our first trip to the city and the country.  We had a great time, walking the city and enjoying all it had to offer, while also spending some time researching our heritage at the National Library (our ancestors emigrated to Canada from Ireland between 1820 and 1850).
    However, the trip also brought back another memory for me.  I remember meeting a young lady from Dublin 40+ years ago in Toronto!  We corresponded for about a year, but I haven’t been in touch with her since.  The trip to Dublin sparked some memories, I came home and dug up some old pictures and letters,  and I have been wondering whatever became of her.  This is where I am hoping someone on this site can help.
    This is what I know.  The young ladies name was Lorraine Cullen.  She had an older brother John (who lived in Toronto, thus her visit there), a younger sister Susan, and an older sister who’s name I have forgotten.  She lived at 102 Thatch Road, Whitehall, Dublin with her father and younger sister.  I believe her mother had passed at that time.
    We reach a point in our lives where we start to wonder what happened to all of those who impacted our lives when we were (much) younger.  I’ve just activated a Facebook account and I’m reconnecting with many old friends…….any help anyone out there could provide in connecting with Lorraine would be sincerely appreciated.  
    Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.  

Stephen Boylen"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Here's the death notice of Lorraine's father...
    450880.png

Genealogy Forum Mod

His entry on the burial register at St. Fintan's, Sutton is #5132.
    https://buried.fingal.ie/wp-assets-bif/uploads/register-scans/St_Fintans_1973_1_134.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

His wife Doreen (nee Battigan) died in 1974 and her entry in the burial register is #87.
    https://buried.fingal.ie/wp-assets-bif/uploads/register-scans/St_Fintans_1973_1_003.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

Loraine was the first born of John and Doreen [Loreta in indexes] who were married in Dublin in 1957.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think I know this person.
    I'll send her a message and forward this thread to her.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I think I know this person.
    I'll send her a message and forward this thread to her.

That's brilliant Pinky.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sboylen

This is fabulous! Thank you both so much! (Hopefully she remembers me, and if you’re correct, I don’t have to be concerned about receiving depressing news)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sboylen

.....and she could also find me on Facebook, if interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement