Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

• 01-01-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi, we've put down a booking deposit on the current phase being sold, waiting on contracts to come across and to sign, just wondering if anyone else on here has bought previously, or are buying there now, be interesting to hear what people think about the estate and area, thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Bump 😑

Just bumping this post again as all the houses in the phase have now gone, so hoping someone on here has bought one, just to get some tips and hints and just generally how they're getting on with builders and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 judarvin

Hi @Aaron15, we also got one of the houses from this phase. The auctioneer gave us a completely unrealistic estimate last year but things are progressing since we are in contact with the builder. 
    The only problem I had until now is the wall in the master bedroom. I don't understand why that step there, they told me they had to put extra insulation but I expect that you can level the wall after that. Is it the same in your house? How are you getting on after your post?

judarvin wrote: »
    Hi @Aaron15, we also got one of the houses from this phase. The auctioneer gave us a completely unrealistic estimate last year but things are progressing since we are in contact with the builder. 
    The only problem I had until now is the wall in the master bedroom. I don't understand why that step there, they told me they had to put extra insulation but I expect that you can level the wall after that. Is it the same in your house? How are you getting on after your post?

Finally, someone who bought in the same phase :).

We only picked out the flooring and kitchen two weeks ago, so we haven’t been in our house yet , what is the problem with the wall? Because I presume it will be a possible problem for me too.

It was failing to submit my message with url so sent you PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

Hey, I've bought one of the houses also. Noticed the step there in the master bedroom, only comes out an inch or so, so wasn't too worried about it myself, however I did enquire about it and they said it was for insulation purposes.
    I've found everything has gone seamlessly so far. Floors were done recently, kitchen went in on Friday, the roads and walls and gardens are coming along too.

Are you guys from Kildare? Im a Dub and the other half is Cavan.

Niall

nails91 wrote: »
    Hey, I've bought one of the houses also. Noticed the step there in the master bedroom, only comes out an inch or so, so wasn't too worried about it myself, however I did enquire about it and they said it was for insulation purposes.
    I've found everything has gone seamlessly so far. Floors were done recently, kitchen went in on Friday, the roads and walls and gardens are coming along too.

Are you guys from Kildare? Im a Dub and the other half is Cavan.

Niall

How’s it going, yeah we noticed that and we wore told the same, no we’re both dubs as well, happy to hear another dub is in at least lol, we’re been told 5-6 weeks now until move in time, you been told the same time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nails91

Yea we were told mid August? So fingers crossed. Brilliant, more dubs.

We were down a couple of times the last week or so.... place really taking shape!

nails91 wrote: »
    Yea we were told mid August? So fingers crossed. Brilliant, more dubs.

We were down a couple of times the last week or so.... place really taking shape!

Yeah that’s what we wore told, hoping it’s sooner, can’t wait to get in. Yeah it’s looking like a grand little estate, how you finding dealing with everyone?

Our snag was done last month and they went through the list quickly. Only open item is to replace one of the doors in the kitchen, so no big deal. 
    Now just waiting for the bank so we should be in soon, can't wait

• Advertisement

Our snag was done last month and they went through the list quickly. Only open item is to replace one of the doors in the kitchen, so no big deal. 
    Now just waiting for the bank so we should be in soon, can't wait

We’re still waiting to get the snag done, sooner the better, can’t wait myself. I see some people are in already, and they’ve the new show house ready to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Hi We've just bought in the Glades house should be ready in December. Can I ask when yous put down your 10% deposit ??Also any first time buyers did they accept 5% deposit whilst you waited on the 5% first time buyers grant ?

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Hi We've just bought in the Glades house should be ready in December. Can I ask when yous put down your 10% deposit ??Also any first time buyers did they accept 5% deposit whilst you waited on the 5% first time buyers grant ?

We put our deposit down 4-5 weeks after putting or booking deposit down, we paid out 10% all together so I can’t really answer that question, but if you explain the situation I’m sure they’ll understand, revenue are quick enough with the help to buy so you should be ok, have you bought in the new phase that’s just launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Thanks for that :-) yes we've bought in the new phase the houses are fab aren't they just hope everything goes smoothly from here on in :-)

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Thanks for that :-) yes we've bought in the new phase the houses are fab aren't they just hope everything goes smoothly from here on in :-)

No problem, it will, the girl who you’ll be dealing with is Laurie , she’s real nice

Just wondering has anyone got home insurance yet? If so who have you gone with, and at what stage?

I got the home insurance with the bank, the only thing that delayed it a bit was to get the valuation report done. I was not sure about the stage I should do it so waited until snag completed and all that but you can probably do it earlier. 
    But what delayed me the most was the life insurance, I had it all prepared months ago but since the house was not ready it expired. So I had to fill in health forms again and waited a few more days to have it reviewed and policy created.

I got the home insurance with the bank, the only thing that delayed it a bit was to get the valuation report done. I was not sure about the stage I should do it so waited until snag completed and all that but you can probably do it earlier. 
    But what delayed me the most was the life insurance, I had it all prepared months ago but since the house was not ready it expired. So I had to fill in health forms again and waited a few more days to have it reviewed and policy created.

We wore thinking of going with the bank as well , BOI, just to make things run smoothly , don’t know to get life assurance or mortgage protection tho, so many things to tie up before moving , seems like a never ending process

Not long now we hope, this was how it looked today

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Hey neighbours. I have bought there too. Hoping to get contracts signed this week. Need to start moving on life and house insurance i guess!!!

• Advertisement

Hey neighbours. I have bought there too. Hoping to get contracts signed this week. Need to start moving on life and house insurance i guess!!!

Congratulations, hope everything runs as smoothly as possible for you , are you from the area yourself?

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Congratulations, hope everything runs as smoothly as possible for you , are you from the area yourself?

Im from the far side of clane but a kildare girl. Work in naas but price of houses there are riduculous. Really liked these houses and estate seems lovely. I know electrications are going into mine tomorrow as i was in touch for few extra bits. All very real.

Im from the far side of clane but a kildare girl. Work in naas but price of houses there are riduculous. Really liked these houses and estate seems lovely. I know electrications are going into mine tomorrow as i was in touch for few extra bits. All very real.

Not too far from Naas, yeah the houses are really nice, 3 floors as well, which is a nice little bonus, they they say when yours would be finished?

Not too far from Naas, yeah the houses are really nice, 3 floors as well, which is a nice little bonus, they they say when yours would be finished?

I have taken one without attic conversion as buying in my own so need to keep cost down. Hopefully do it myself down the line but floors and furniture will be first 😂😂. Haven't got a date yet but hoping Nov, What bout you? Any date?

Also just heads up. I was told when viewed old show house that there would be no chimney or false chimney breast in sitting room but builder has since changed his mind. False chimney breast is now going in as standard in new phase so if you dont want it get in touch with builder

I have taken one without attic conversion as buying in my own so need to keep cost down. Hopefully do it myself down the line but floors and furniture will be first 😂😂. Haven't got a date yet but hoping Nov, What bout you? Any date?
    We bought in the previous phase, so ours should be ready in the next 4-5 weeks hopefully. Your attic is semi converted tho isn’t it? It has a stairs up to it and a door leading in? , yeah we had the breast walk put in, looks weird having a flat wall I think lol

We bought in the previous phase, so ours should be ready in the next 4-5 weeks hopefully. Your attic is semi converted tho isn’t it? It has a stairs up to it and a door leading in? , yeah we had the breast walk put in, looks weird having a flat wall I think lol

Nope i opted for the one without the stairs cos it was 6k more expensive and had already gone up between phases so cant afford it at the min. Oh i want the flat wall more space but thats the beauty of having the option. everyone wins.

Nope i opted for the one without the stairs cos it was 6k more expensive and had already gone up between phases so cant afford it at the min. Oh i want the flat wall more space but thats the beauty of having the option. everyone wins.

Oh really, we didn’t have the option for the stairs, it was standard, that’s it, there’s a lot of options, if you’ve any questions about anything you’re unsure of don’t hesitate to ask, I’m sure one of us in here can help

Oh really, we didn’t have the option for the stairs, it was standard, that’s it, there’s a lot of options, if you’ve any questions about anything you’re unsure of don’t hesitate to ask, I’m sure one of us in here can help

Im raging i missed out on previous phase as now the houses have increased in price and not turn key finish but such is life. Still a lot cheaper than in naas. My house will basically just be shell with kitchen and wardrobes when i get it and will just tip away at it room by room

• Advertisement

Im raging i missed out on previous phase as now the houses have increased in price and not turn key finish but such is life. Still a lot cheaper than in naas. My house will basically just be shell with kitchen and wardrobes when i get it and will just tip away at it room by room

Yeah it’s a pain, but when we bought the prices had gone up as well, I’m sure when another phase comes around they’ll up again, just the market that’s out there now unfortunately.

Advertisement