Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Pat's NS in Wicklow Town

Options
  • 17-02-2019 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

So here is our situation: we have a 4 year old daughter who will be 5 in August so it's time for her to go into primary school. She goes to a Montessori and she's been the only girl in her class for 2 years now.

We have a 4 month old son too. We live in Wicklow Town and we don't have a car.

St. Patrick's NS school is very close to our house (Maybe a 12 min walk one way). Holy Rosary is doable but quite a track (25-35 mins one way).

We plan on getting a car at some point but it will take time possibly 8 months or more from now and would be great to avoid getting a car for as long as possible from a financial point of view.

Would be great for our daughter to mingle with other girls as she has no female friends.

Holy Rosary has a good reputation and some people that we know have gone there and had a good experience.

I personally don't know much about St. Pat's and a few people in my life have said bad things about it. My neighbours said their son went there they transferred from Dublin and he was in the middle of 6th class and got bullied quite a bit but that would have been 22 years ago. My SIL said her son was hit by a teacher with a stick on his hands. Don't have the other side of the story but my SIL made a complaint to the school and to the police and that teacher is still working there. That was 5+ years ago. Hitting a 7 year old with a stick!!!!

I got good vibes from Holy Rosary; they sat down and talked to us during enrolment while St. Pat's was just online.

Not sure what to think. I mean if it's pissing rain the 12 min walk is going to be great.

Any good experiences with St. Pat's? Is it mostly boys or is it a good mix?

Another thing: we were on the waiting list for Holy Rosary and we didn't get into the other school so we put in our application for St. Pat's. We got in immediately so there were spots available after the other surrounding schools were full late in registration. I already told St. Pat's we be going there but then Holy Rosary rang me and said someone cancelled so there is a spot. I have 7 days to accept but I already accepted St. Pat's. Is there a penalty for cancelling after a spot was accepted?

Comments

Advertisement