Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Breaking for Joe. Misery injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,743 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

TallGlass wrote: »
    Breaking for Joe. Misery injection.

He was on a drought there.
    In at the last hurdle, a nice juicy moordor.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    You can add Newsreader to the list. Lousy on the newsroom team who have put in the legwork. Breaking news should be relayed to the listeners by genuine Newsreaders as in the old days.

Oh I don't doubt Joe has tired. By contract states he has a certain amount of seconds to do a year to get the 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The big announcement? It's hardly the OJ trial now in fairness is it?

Seemed like it, day after day after day after day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

i.e. He's gonna get off on appeal.

• Advertisement

Makes you think, though.
    I'm sure that a lot of circumstantial evidence could probably point to me or you or any one here (figuratively) doing something horrendous.

So whatever you do, don’t be googling de death or de decomposition. I wouldn’t like a court to be examining all the things I do be a googling on my phone! I’d be guilty of everything imaginable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

i'd say Mrs. Quirke is looking for her passport as we speak.

So whatever you do, don’t be googling de death or de decomposition. I wouldn’t like a court to be examining all the things I do be a googling on my phone! I’d be guilty of everything imaginable!

Or, if you do go a googling such things, make sure nobody near you dies or disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Plug for the programme

• Advertisement

Seems quite obvious to me - it was somebody else's turn to win the car this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Condolences to Bobby's family"

I'm sure they're delighted with that, Joe.

Pity the verdict didn't come in tomorrow. They'd have had to cancel the LLS C&W special.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you must be missing an arm, as well as being blind ?

is it at all possible, that the producers of the show did not check their facts about the credit union in advance ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The CUs got harder giving out loans, because too many were reneging on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

You can add Newsreader to the list. Lousy on the newsroom team who have put in the legwork. Breaking news should be relayed to the listeners by genuine Newsreaders as in the old days.[/quote]
    Joe reminds of the local minny or matty whos allways first with the bad news .."hey did ya hear of oul Timmy".."no " says I .."DEAD" says she "SUDDEN" an then away with her in search of her next victim

Didn't catch all of the programme, just tuned in when the verdict came through. Honestly quite shocked by that news. I was even surprised when there wasn't already a unanimous verdict in the other direction.

2smiggy wrote: »
    is it at all possible, that the producers of the show did not check their facts about the credit union in advance ?

Actually, Joe, as a qualified Social Worker, should rightly have a very good idea of how the intellectually disabled stand as regards their rights and broadly speaking the law that applies to their welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

Didn't catch all of the programme, just tuned in when the verdict came through. Honestly quite shocked by that news. I was even surprised when there wasn't already a unanimous verdict in the other direction.
    Very true hard to see how they convicted b.r.d. on the evidence then again 2 of the dury couldn't be swayed in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Me too.

Didn’t think the evidence against him was strong enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Was there any evidence at all against him apart from the checking up of decomposing bodies on his computer.

Me too.

Didn’t think the evidence against him was strong enough.
    Every time I read coverage of the trial, I thought of how pissed-off I would be if I'd been hauled onto a jury in such a hopeless prosecution. Guess I was wrong. Must have missed something fairly huge that the jury found convincing.

tretorn wrote: »
    Was there any evidence at all against him apart from the checking up of decomposing bodies on his computer.

Joe Duffy was fine regards his Google search history.

tretorn wrote: »
    Evidence had been given by an entomologist to the effect that the tank containing the body of Mr Ryan must have been opened some weeks before the date of the 'discovery' of the body by Quirke, as indicated by the age profile of insects within the tank.

That evidence indicated that the tank had been opened -- not who'd opened it, or who killed Ryan.

All a bit strange.

Interesting coverage of the trial this evening, notwithstanding Paul Williams' dire contribution to The Hard Shoulder. He sounded like he'd barely been following the trial at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Condolences to Bobby's family"

I'm sure they're delighted with that, Joe.

Pity the verdict didn't come in tomorrow. They'd have had to cancel the LLS C&W special.

I wonder will someone write a song about the Tipperary murder, in the vein of Tom Dooley:

as per promo

- Credit Union car draw again. discrimination against people with 'Differences'. What else are they being discriminated against ?
    - Man who was savagly assaulted. He is wondering whats going to be done
    - Woman at Mr Moonlight trial mistaken for jury member she was there so often, they will tell us the tale of what happened next
    - GDPR gone mad , post boxes removed from GPO by post men , Whoooyy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Sounds like Joe picking de calls again.

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

Moordor background.

Sounds like Quirky had an eye to the future and didn't want the house being gobbled up by nursing home fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Dopey clown wouldn't spend the grand to xfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This is quirks mother?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement