Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking shoes

• 16-01-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me which brands of lightweight walking shoes are good quality and comfortable? Chunky trainer/shoe hybrid types rather than trainers for road and trail walking.

There are plenty of reductions on Sports Direct of stylish Gelert and Karrimor shoes but I believe they're both owned by SD now and are not what they used to be.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Merrell are certainly one. North face do some decent shoes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I like Merrell myself. Lot's of styles from chunky trail shoes to ones more like normal shoes. Sizing is a bit odd though so best to at least try them on in a B&M store first if you intend on buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,680 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Got Merrells myself last year. The chunky trail shoe variety and waterproof. Got a great deal on Amazon. Paid GBP74. They get more use walking the dog than for proper hikes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Funny enough, I got a pair of Merrell's 2 years ago and I found them to be awful; overly sweaty, not waterproofed and with slippy souls. Turned out that the ones I had were just a poor range that they had out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I'v been buying Grisport boots for years now and have never wanted to look elsewhere for boots.I used them for every day use and trail/hill walking.
    Boots,Shoes,Wellingtons,laces and bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

+on merrell ones with foot plate are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bocking 14

Jewelers wrote: »
    +on merrell ones with foot plate are excellent

Could you tell me what a foot plate is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Bocking 14 wrote: »
    Could you tell me what a foot plate is?

should have said flex plate , basically sole is stonger and you won't feel stones etc through it .

Merrell FlexPlate™ technology integrates a lightweight, full foot stability plate with strategically placed outsole pods to provide stability, underfoot protection, durability, and integrated grip. Variable material composition offers optimal rigidity at one end of the plate and optimal flexibility at the other.

Advertisement