Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail fine Question

• 07-06-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I received a fine at the weekend, I had a Student Ticket and my Student card was out of date by a week. I will pay the fine and I am not going to appeal it. I got a slip from the ticket inspector and he showed me how to pay the fine.

I was just wondering if that's all I will get regarding the fine. Will there be any letters sent out to my house etc? Or will they send me a letter/receipt to my address after I pay the fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Pay up and that will be it. No receipt unless you pay in person

If you do not pay you will get a court summons

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

OP did you pay your fine ? was it 100 only or did you have to pay extras on top ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gabria wrote: »
    OP did you pay your fine ? was it 100 only or did you have to pay extras on top ?
    With Irish Rail, you normally have to pay the fine and the price of the ticket for the intended journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i lost the slip i got when i got fined, do they send a letter also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Ring the RPU office in Connolly and they will sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement