Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus route 86

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭

Why is one bus still being run per day?

Why isn't it on the public timetable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Victor wrote: »

Bizzare. I did see an 86 on rtpi (phone) once, but assumed it was a database error!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I somehow don't think that operates victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Have you asked Dublin Bus about the 86?

I wouldn't even bother - it's an error.

That bus does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

that last operated about 6 years ago were did ya find that document

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Closest route now in form and function to the 86, which was created in 1958 to replace the Harcourt Street to Bray railway, is the 84/a which as part of its route links Stop 5046 near Cherrywood Luas stop to Bray Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

karl75 wrote: »
    that last operated about 6 years ago were did ya find that document
    NTA journey planner.

That is bizarre though. The last public incarnation of the 86 was a particularly ghostly run one way from Shankill Church to Sandyford Luas on weekday mornings. This must have come from something. Anyone been interested enough to go up to Parnell Square to see? :D

It doesn't exist so there is no point!!

lxflyer wrote: »
    It doesn't exist so there is no point!!

Well someone went to the bother of running timings on a route that doesn't currently exist with an entirely new middle section.

It's still on the NTA planner so I remain curious as to why, rather than running along and minding my own business. Perhaps the route was drawn up as part of recasting some DB routes in that part of town?

• Advertisement

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Well someone went to the bother of running timings on a route that doesn't currently exist with an entirely new middle section.

It's still on the NTA planner so I remain curious as to why, rather than running along and minding my own business. Perhaps the route was drawn up as part of recasting some DB routes in that part of town?

Look at the timings and you will see they are gibberish.

There are loads of stops missing, the sectional runnings are ludicrous, there are stops duplicated.

It is an error.

Why it is on the planner I don't know, but it does not run!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sprau

That bus does not exist.

Advertisement