Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HRI Query

Options
  • 16-01-2018 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I made two claims under the HRI in January 2017. Details in pic 1 attached. The total VAT for the two claims was €1177. After claiming my wages went up approx €45 a month and my tax credit had €588 extra added to it.

This year however, it has dropped to €475...!

Anyone have any ideas why this might be? I think it's related to one of the jobs being carried out in 2015 but not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joseph_a_f

Hi Pacifico,

Your first works carried out in 2015 had a vat cost of 226 euro. As it relates to 2015 the relief was most likely split evenly across 2016 and 2017 ( 113 euro credit per year).

Your relief for 2018 has reduced by 113 euro from 588 down to 475, which suggests that this is the case.

I would advise you to check your P21 statement for 2016 to ensure you received the 113 credit. If you have not yet received a P21 for the 2016 tax year, you can request it through MyAccount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks for that! I assume i didn't get the additional credit for 2016 as i only claimed for both jobs in January 2017...so is it just a case of requesting a P21 through my account for 2016? Can i add the credits by editing my form 21?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joseph_a_f

Pacifico wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I assume i didn't get the additional credit for 2016 as i only claimed for both jobs in January 2017...so is it just a case of requesting a P21 through my account for 2016? Can i add the credits by editing my form 21?!

Hi Pacifico,

If you submit a Form 12 through MyAcccount this credit should prepopulate on page 5 of the form. Once you submit form, a P21 with this credit will issue a few days after.

If you have not yet received this portion of the HRI relief, your P21 should state an overpayment of tax provided you paid the correct amount of tax/usc in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Late to the game I know, is the HRI now dead and gone? Did they replace it with anything?

Advertisement