Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Picked it up on AliExpress. Mods, please delete if not allowed.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bEWVBcTW

No fake logo, no problem with posting IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

[quote="Kintarō Hattori
    What a lovely face on that orient. Do you have a model no? For future.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bzPGCkiM

This is actually quite a good looking watch. Would be great if one of you could buy it and wear it for a couple of years to see how it looks then.

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What a lovely face on that orient. Do you have a model no? For future.

Hey Roy,

It's the FUNG2003B. I picked it up from Jomashop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hey Roy,

It's the FUNG2003B. I picked it up from Jomashop.

Love the style of that watch too.

Anyone know if you could get similar style in a smaller diameter? Perhaps 38mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Maybe not the right place for it, but very true...

e6F9Bl3h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

A nip of Crested Ten on a Saturday evening.

95959B27-9DBD-4656-B10E-C493F8A362EA_zps3sdwzgxz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Early birthday present to myself. Picked up a great deal from chrono24 brand new and about 850 off retail price in fields.. The 2 week wait killed me though!

476268.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Early birthday present to myself. Picked up a great deal from chrono24 brand new and about 850 off retail price in fields.. The 2 week wait killed me though!

Looks fantastic - mind if I ask what the Chrono24 price was?

There's a guy near me selling the 2017 version with blue face. Private seller but has main dealer receipt and claims it has never been worn. It's been up at the last six months for 1400€ and shows no sign of moving, I've been mightily tempted by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Looks fantastic - mind if I ask what the Chrono24 price was?

There's a guy near me selling the 2017 version with blue face. Private seller but has main dealer receipt and claims it has never been worn. It's been up at the last six months for 1400€ and shows no sign of moving, I've been mightily tempted by it.

Paid €1,600 including delivery. When it came it had all protective stickers and hang tags still on.

Seller on chrono is called Monaco Luxury Watch Dream (I know.. Stupid name but really good prices and service 😂)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Paid €1,600 including delivery. When it came it had all protective stickers and hang tags still on.

Seller on chrono is called Monaco Luxury Watch Dream (I know.. Stupid name but really good prices and service 😂)
    Cheers will take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

476287.JPG

The watch that got me into the hobby, back on the wrist for the first time in years after having the glass replaced for the second time. There's obvious sentimental attachment to it but it is a bit on the small side for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

The watch that got me into the hobby, back on the wrist for the first time in years after having the glass replaced for the second time. There's obvious sentimental attachment to it but it is a bit on the small side for my liking.

That shirt though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Brennus335 wrote: »
    That shirt though.....

Tyson fury style

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

SNIP

Similar story here. I’ve always been into watches but a Seiko 5 was my first automatic and I’ve been hooked since. Currently have 5 automatic watches and itching to buy an expensive one just making sure what I want is what I really want. Currently torn between a Rolex Batman and a Panerai Pam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭theheavyhitter

Your Oris is fake. It looks like it is one of the many repainted dials coming from India at the moment. Seiko and Oris seem to be popular brands with the counterfeiters. Did you purchase it from Ebay? Regards.

No, got it from adverts.

I think the face has definitely been refurbished as there are some flaws.

The movement is an FHF movement which is genuine I believe, matches the image attached

476354.jpg

No, got it from adverts.

I think the face has definitely been refurbished as there are some flaws.

The movement is an FHF movement which is genuine I believe, matches the image attached

The dial and hands are fake (repainted).
    There is a seller from Portlaoise on Adverts selling lots of these.
    Have a look on Ebay and you will see the same colour variants for sale in India.
    No offence implied. I just don't like to see people pay a premium for a piece, that is really an Indian fake from Ebay sold on at profit in Ireland.
    I am a big fan of Oris, so know what a correct piece looks like.
    I found Seiko and Oris were popular fakes in India when I went through a phase of buying HMT pieces from India you see. The HMT sellers would often sell repainted dial fakes as well.
    Do a search on Ebay.co.uk for: Oris vintage (search price low to high); and you will find lots of fake sellers based in India.
    They are often HMT's with repainted dials. Regards.

Of all the SNXS series, the silver and blue dials are my favourite. I owned a 77 blue myself but found the 37mm case just too small for me.
    I fitted a solid link bracelet to mine. Perfect profile on the end links for the case, and screw links at a bargain price. Much better than the original folded bracelet Seiko use. Gives the SNXS a vintage Rolex 15200 bracelet look. I can't post a link, but search on Amazon for: 15200 19mm bracelet and you will find it. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

how do you embedd photo's ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

how do you embedd photo's ?

Have a quick look here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Thanks Spocker!

The Steinhart Kermit is a lovely piece. Wear it in good health.
    I have seen a modded one with the cyclops removed and it looked even better.
    I was thinking of buying one and putting it on their jubilee bracelet (used on the Pepsi GMT) for something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The Steinhart Kermit is a lovely piece. Wear it in good health.
    I have seen a modded one with the cyclops removed and it looked even better.
    I was thinking of buying one and putting it on their jubilee bracelet (used on the Pepsi GMT) for something different.

It is a lovely piece, but I'm not really wearing mine much. If you're interested in buying it, let me know. I can send you some pics or post up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

unkel wrote: »
    It is a lovely piece, but I'm not really wearing mine much. If you're interested in buying it, let me know. I can send you some pics or post up here.

If you have some pics please post, always interested to see a nice piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Negative like my world outlook:D

476397.jpg

476398.jpg

unkel wrote: »

Thanks for the offer. But the straight lugs have put me off. I prefer the fit of a Submariner case where the lugs curve around the wrist more. I also like the fit of the SRP773 Turtle, and SKX007 respectively. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

funkyouup wrote: »
    Negative like my world outlook:D

*SNIP* It's in the title.
    I almost bought the full metal negative but chickened out.. i preferred the positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Hard to see in low light but suprisingly good in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

This arrived yesterday

QfSy3MD.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement