Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Comments

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I timed it this morning at approx. 3 minutes. Either they got a great deal or they have seriously lost the plot.

………..the latter! Its only ham FFS!

Have we heard this extended campaign before?

I have somehow avoided its latest incarnation, but I'm almost certain they've bombarded us in this way before.

I may however be thinking of the McDonnells' curry ad. I think McDonnells have done something very similar on TV, taking over entire ad-breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Brady's Family Ham to the tune of "Come out ye Black and Tans" - who thought that was a clever idea?

It's as awful as the tune they're attempting to parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's as awful as the tune they're attempting to parody.

The lyrics in the original are far superior.

The lyrics in the original are far superior.

There's not much in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Skoda ad and other stupid company ads - english old man voice: "there's a 0% chance". Smug git.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I will never buy anything featured in a Deirdre o'kane ad. The current one is so bad and they must have let her write the jingle too.

withless wrote: »
    I will never buy anything featured in a Deirdre o'kane ad. The current one is so bad and they must have let her write the jingle too.

her nasally voice really grates on me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

her nasally voice really grates on me
    I quite like her voice. Some of the things she is asked to read though .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I like her voice too. The ads are awful sh*te though. Who pronounces lingerie "linger-ee"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I like her voice too. The ads are awful sh*te though. Who pronounces lingerie "linger-ee"?

Think it's supposed to be funny, it's not.

Her voice is grating. Would break glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I timed it this morning at approx. 3 minutes. Either they got a great deal or they have seriously lost the plot.
    They must have blown their budget, there's the reduced version now.

Wall to wall Deirdre O Kane last few Newstalk ad breaks, she's as funny as a hernia. Pushing the quirky button a bit too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Does anyonewho the Skoda voiceover is?
    AFAIK it's the same guy who doesall of East Coast FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

Skoda is Brian de Salvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

That makes sense, with the Wicklow connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's one of the voice over guys sounds like Leo.

"You won't remember unblocking the sink but you will remember the Titanic sinking" - Ad for Titanic Visitor Centre in Cobh which has been moved by Failte Ireland to Ireland's Ancient East. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sunday World ad - which I've never heard advertising on radio before, but it was on another DOB property - managed in one ad to both be utter ghouls about those Northern Irish kids killed at the disco and vaguely imply that Kathyrn Thomas and Blathnaid Treacy were marrying each other (when they are in fact both marrying men). All in 30 seconds!

Chronically unfunny ad for Newstalk's comedy slot.

Happened to catch the show, it is indeed as rubbish as the ad suggests.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

His posh plummy waffling has me reaching for the switch every time.

He advertises something else now.

Still, nothing beats the posho Dub for (Renaut?) "SOM PROVIDERS OFFER SOMETHING PERCENT FOYNANCE" Awful awful ad. Do they seriously not play them to 10 staff for opinions before signing off on them?

Another one, "yes, and the online shopper of the month is.....". It's nearly as if the ad is implying she truly is using her insurance saving to buy utter ****e off the net. Like, a few quid for the holidays, two nights out with her girlos, it'd be a bit more pallatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Hi, Ray D'Arcy here, make sure and a get a donor card".

"Hi Ray, why don't you mind your own f**king business".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Meadows & Byrne "spring into summer" cavalcade of bollocks ad is back on.

Surely this is the thing that will push me over the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Tayto Park ad that refers to "Alexia" rather than Alexa - How the hell that every got broadcast :pac:

Just heard Alexia - as if proof were needed that are no standards in the advertising industry.

The Elephant Self Storage Ad with Rory's replacement is almost worse than the original as the girl (obviously his daughter) reads the Ad from a script - with no pauses - and starts with Elephant Self Storage but twice during the Ad refers to Elephant Storage (no Self). At least she sticks to Rory's nought nought, nought nought. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Discodog wrote: »
    The Tayto Park ad that refers to "Alexia" rather than Alexa - How the hell that every got broadcast :pac:

Stops every echo dot in the country reacting doesn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That's what I was thinking. Imagine if every ad on the radio was "Alexa add 'our product' to the shopping list", it would get pretty annoying very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

flazio wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Imagine if every ad on the radio was "Alexa add 'our product' to the shopping list", it would get pretty annoying very quickly.

Then why make an ad that has to use the word ?

Jesus - Teresa Mannion doing a safety ad now for driving in hailstones!

"Drive in a high gear to maintain contact with the road, drive slowly over the pellets, use your hazard lights"

FFS! lots of slow moving hazard flashing cars all over the country now - for the sake of a shower or two! How on earth have we all survived until now without these daily warnings on how to survive our catastrophically ordinary weather? (we barely had a Winter this year!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I can't get enough of that mobile tire fitting ad by Keith Duffy.

Or my absolute favourite: Northside, ( drum sound) Northside (drum sound), the great big shopping centre. Northside !!

Ben Dunnes stuff is class too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement