Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Buy/Sell/Swap Meet Up

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Really would have to be in a quiet hotel lobby or somewhere like that wouldn't it or even a room to ourselves. I have never been to one before but I wouldn't be able to relax if it was in a busy spot where someone could just grab a hand full of watches and run out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

April sounds good to me. I'd be happy to help out if needed (though probably best left to someone else this time around :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'd be interested in a meetup.. not that i have anything fancy but id be a little concerned re security.. whats to stop some random poster here tuning up and doing a smash and grab? maybe im just to paranoid..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

I'd be interested in a meetup.. not that i have anything fancy but id be a little concerned re security.. whats to stop some random poster here tuning up and doing a smash and grab? maybe im just to paranoid..

I don't think security will be an issue if we're meeting in the lobby of a hotel. Keep the date of meet up in private messages and we should be ok.

Any hotel on the M50 ring is good for me. The Crown Plaza in Blanchardstown shopping center is nice and has plenty of parking close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I play football with an armed garda. He just so happens to have an interest in watches. I'll ask him to come along... problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

oxocube wrote: »
    Any hotel on the M50 ring is good for me. The Crown Plaza in Blanchardstown shopping center is nice and has plenty of parking close by.
    Just personally speaking here, but I'll not be parking in Blanchardstown shopping centre car park any time soon. Not the best security and that's being kind, even in broad daylight.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think keep the venue and the date to PM.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Venue and date in PM would be preferable. I guess if people are worried then don't bring too many expensive pieces if you see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

I have no watches that are expensive, but showing watches in a hotel lobby to me, could be looking for trouble. I live down country, pubs would always give a private room for meetings ect, if they had one. I think, especially for the guys who have expensive watches, you should look in this area, ie private rooms. Hotel lobbys, in my opinion, are to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

B1gft wrote: »
    I have no watches that are expensive, but showing watches in a hotel lobby to me, could be looking for trouble. I live down country, pubs would always give a private room for meetings ect, if they had one. I think, especially for the guys who have expensive watches, you should look in this area, ie private rooms. Hotel lobbys, in my opinion, are to open.
    Yeah couple of hotels have small dining rooms..e.g Johnstown estate in Enfield... Might be worth considering..

• Advertisement
Advertisement