Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old records of nursing homes locations in the 1960s - any suggestions ?

• 10-02-2017 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could suggest any ways I could find a list of nursing homes that were open in the east coast of Ireland in the 1960s and which might have a name of the owner or manager back then.

It's a real needle in a haystack enquiry - I'm looking for a nursing home somewhere on the east coast owned or managed by a Mrs Kiely. It was open in the period 1966 , 67, and might have been still open and operating up to 1990. But has since closed.
    The only other information I have is that there was a lady called Catherine or Kathleen Lyons working there in the period 1966\67

Somebody mentioned Thoms directory, and I wonder if anyone knows if they have old editions of them in the national library ? Or old golden pages, though I don't think they will have a manager name I can cross reference it with.

Thanks if anyone might have any suggestions or ideas.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The NLI does have Thoms directory and Pearse St library also has a full run of them (with better opening hours!)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Tallaght Library also has Thom's Directories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Pearse Street also has telephone directories, probably NLI too.

Bray was the nursing home capital of the east coast until ten or so years ago, before HIQA changed things.

Advertisement