Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glitch ? Mod ? Or not ?

• 22-03-2010 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Had a couple of games last few days where things were running at super speed. Strafe speed and run speed was super fast. As a result was difficutl to control. Occasionally i went flying into the air for no apparent reason and died on landing.

Is this a glitch or a mod or what's up ? Anyone else seen this ?
    Happened on a hardcore match and another match type i can't remember

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's a modded lobby, happened a lot before Christmas (see previous threads) and I think it was patched then with the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Happened me on about half of the games i got into yesterday, sick of it TBH and then some people think its a great laugh!
    It might be a laugh for about 5 mins if you were able to run straight :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I agree its a pain in arse. I automatically quit any game with it now. I wish they would just stick with Unreal Tournament for this ****

Nothin is patched. Its done using a jtag

A what tag ?

Its a modded xbox. So far unfixable. MS say they are banning modded kits. which is funny because they can also be unbanned.

As in modded again to be unbanned ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

They did try to patch it but they never changed the kernel number ,once your in a super speed lobby yo are infected i.e if you go into anther room and you are hosting you will infect that room and it will be a super speed room.
    What you do do is turn your xbox off then back on again and you are no longer infected , as long as you dont end up in another of these rooms.

A jtag xbox as soon as it goes on live WILL be banned in the space of 24 hours to 5 days , you need to get a keyvault to unlock it (unban it) which roughly costs about 200 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Just entered one there, talk about a pain in the ring. Left after less than a minute.

This game is getting waaaay too wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

fourzerotwo (Twitter)
    Expect a playlist update later today on #MW2 for Xbox Live. It'll prevent "super speed" games. I'll let you know when it goes live.

His talking through his arse as usual, 3rd patch lucky ... i dont think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭BobbitoDigital

and xbox gets the map packs before ps3, load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and xbox gets the map packs before ps3, load of bollix.

Your spot on. I'm growing tired of this sh'it on xbox. 6 times that crap happened to me yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Yeah it took my party nearly 45 mins to get a proper game last night! I was in full on rant mode!! Lol , hoping it won't be the same tonight! What a bunch of bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Love the patch news , especially the news that there will be more patches after the map pack relaease, lol. If they can patch or fix all the ****e thats effecting the game why haven't they done it over the last few months(last patch standing, which took ages and has only lead to even worse glitches and cheating).
    I'm gonna wait until the game is fully patched and iw actually show that they care about the online aspect of their games enough to actually monitor and fix the game as issues arrive, instead of waiting for new dlc to be released. Until then they can keep their overpriced dlc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MKultra

Never seen a game that needed so many patches, theres been 9 already on ps3, they should really have beta tested the game because alot of the problems could have been ironed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

MKultra wrote: »
    Never seen a game that needed so many patches, theres been 9 already on ps3, they should really have beta tested the game because alot of the problems could have been ironed out

9 patches is nothing for some pc games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Why dont you stick on marathon and lightweight and get your challenges done - Running 100 miles for me normally is way too much!!

ardinn wrote: »
    Why dont you stick on marathon and lightweight and get your challenges done - Running 100 miles for me normally is way too much!!

Ooo nice idea. But I was under the impression that challenges weren't workign on these maps cause when i got the required number of kills for certain challenges they didn't seem to count

Advertisement