Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I think I heard something strange.

• 24-09-2019 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I rarely browse this forum because I am 31 years old and have never had a supernatural experience before. Until now. Recently, I woke up at 2am and lay in bed for almost another 3 hours and decided that I was not going to sleep again. So, I decided to go outside for a walk. It was still dark. There is a walk in my area that I like to do sometimes when I’m bored like, this time. That is about 3 miles and takes me about an hour. It leads up to a retail park, back down to my town and up back to my estate. As I walked around it was starting to get semi bright. It still was very quiet with the roads being very still and I only saw about 2 people on the street the whole way. Well, near to my house just before I get home there is a church. It’s next to a primary school, playing fields and a parking lot. As, I was nearing the front door of the church. I thought I heard voices. Not in my mind, audible, with my ears. I didn’t hear what they said and when I turned the corner no one was there. It was about 5am I think when this happened.

Have any of you ever experienced something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I might have been real people though, whom you just didnt see?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

maccored wrote: »
    I might have been real people though, whom you just didnt see?

Yeah, I had been thinking that maybe there was some people behind the locked doors of the church. Staying there overnight, which is unusual but possible.

Iopu wrote: »
    Yeah, I had been thinking that maybe there was some people behind the locked doors of the church. Staying there overnight, which is unusual but possible.

that would be pretty unusual all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Ive had a few weird things happen to me over the years.i worked in a bar a few years back and i was in early one morning stocking the place.next thing a female voice called my name and i heard it clear as day so i looked up and nothing.the only other person in the place was a floor below me and was a middle aged man.

There was a snooker room in the same place and a staff member was playing by himself one day while on his break.he said he went to take a shot and in the corner of his eye down the far end of the room he saw someone peek out from behind a pillar then back in.he assumed it was a staff member messing when he walked over nobody was there.he came running down to the bar and refused to go back up to get his coat and the balls.so it seemed very genuine.

My friends sister for years said she felt something was always around her.things would move and bang she would be pinned to the bed in her sleep.one that sticks out my friend told me he woke up one night to the sound of music blaring he went into her room and the music had stopped she was just sitting up in the bed looking at the stereo that just came on and off all by itself.if that kinda stuff was happening to me id be getting a priest in.

I had a case of the stereo going off on its own at 4am one night. never figured it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

maccored wrote: »
    I had a case of the stereo going off on its own at 4am one night. never figured it out

Had similar case when I was young, always the same stereo, it would turn itself on whenever, playing music, radio/cassette/tape, whatever was in it. I just accepted it and got on with my life.

Years later I remembered an incident when I was much younger (it was the same stereo), I had discovered the magic of copying cassettes or recording a song off the radio onto a mix tap.

I went to check on a tape I copied and rewound it, pressed play and all I can remember to this day is all that came out of the speakers was a load angry male voice rambling and shouting, I was so taken aback by it I froze, my father heard it from downstairs came up and stopped the tape playing and we went downstairs, this was during the day as well, may noon.

I don't remember what became of the tape or even what my father said to me, he doesn't recall the incident, well he says he doesn't ;), never liked that house anyway as a lot of odd things happened there and then I moved to another house with stranger but less 'scary' occurrences.

Advertisement