Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Just need the two unfortunately will bear it in mind though.

You can just buy the two and make up the six with four bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Rezident wrote: »
    Any deals on Red Breast in Ireland? I can’t be messing around with parcels and motels and sending stuff to a hotel or whatever. Is there anywhere in Ireland to buy Red Breast where it’s not so expensive? The missus and the father in law love it.
    Cheers.

How very dare you come into this forum with that attitude!

I'll have you know there are people on here who run their netflix accounts through South America to save a couple of euro.

Take your missus and your father in law to the pub and pay 10 euro a drop for it if that's your attitude.

The cheek of you to come on here displaying the vulgarity of your wealth.

Be gone, you heathen!

(Go to Tesco.)

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    You can just buy the two and make up the six with four bottles of wine.

Picked up a bottle in dunnes for €44 got a €5 voucher and got another bottle and another voucher for €39 so €83 all in instead of €100 not 25% off but not far off neither thanks again for all info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I see Tesco have some gin on offer for 20euro a bottle. I want to give as a gift but don't know a good gin as I don't drink it myself. I know she doesn't rate the Cork gin at all. So any recommendations for a good gin? Preferably on offer :)

The Bombay for 20 is quite nice. Tanqueray is nice too but it's very "gin-y". Real juniper kick off it. Both infinitely better than Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

Nothing wrong with 40 bottles for €30 that's for sure!

Nice deal. Thanks to OP.
    Got a further €5 off as I spent €30, so a further 8 cans of Diet Coke for free as well. €51 of stuff for €30. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Centra today ONLY 2 boxs of 20 bottles for €30 Heineken & Coors Light (330mls)

https://ibb.co/easSfG

I know someone who went in to the local Centra to get her 40 Coors but was told there was no such offer, only 20 for €22. Not a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Nothing wrong with 40 bottles for €30 that's for sure!

It's a saving of €2, as they're €16 each!

Btw the Baileys 2FOR20 & Carlsberg/Bud 2FOR25 in Supervalu end on Sun same day as Dunnes!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rezident wrote: »
    Any deals on Red Breast in Ireland? I can’t be messing around with parcels and motels and sending stuff to a hotel or whatever. Is there anywhere in Ireland to buy Red Breast where it’s not so expensive? The missus and the father in law love it.
    Cheers.

I'm not sure where in the country you are- but Sainsburys up North (Newry is the closest) has Red Breast @ £30 a bottle (and 2 * 1litre spirits on a selected range @ £50). Baileys @ £15 for a 1 litre bottle. 3*5cl selection box of Glenfiddich 12/14/18 year olds- @ £10. Nice own brand wine deals @ £4/5/6 a bottle.

If you're within reach of the border- Sainsburys is your best bet for Red Breast. Note- avoid on Saturdays- honestly, just don't even try. If your only opportunity is at the weekend- go to Sprucefield instead- its not worth even trying to get into Newry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Passenger wrote: »
    I selected the 'gift' option when I was purchasing it too. How will PM know what's in it unless they x-ray the package. Others have received orders of alcohol using PM so should be fine.

Because it comes in a specific bottle box, it's as plain as day what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Hop 13 12botttles pack. €8 in Supervalu. Got 2 boxes so happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Hop 13 12botttles pack. €8 in Supervalu. Got 2 boxes so happy days.

Showing up at €16 on website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Maybe local thing. Supervalu Roscrea. Going in tomorrow again to get more if I can. 2 weeks ago were 10 in Roscrea and Birr.
    Saw 2 bottles of baileys for 20 as was advertised. Was price at till for hop13 so maybe check local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I only had one amazon parcel delivered today to parcel wizard today and it was the bottle of green spot, looks like its on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Btw the Baileys 2FOR20 & Carlsberg/Bud 2FOR25 in Supervalu end on Sun same day as Dunnes!

Coors Light €16 for 20 bottles where?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

chKD7iP.jpg
    K2hpPjm.png
    G6hJi6D.jpg
    s9ZufkQ.png

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coors Light €16 for 20 bottles where?

In Centra, several posts above yours & similar offers 2 pages back on Dunnes & Tesco.
    Enjoy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My whiskey has arrived. Total mess up as I hadn't used Amazon in awhile and I selected my PM address instead of the other service.

Now I have to go out and collect it like a peasant instead of it been delivered to my door. Both cost the same too, they have sent it in a rather large box too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RasTa wrote: »
    My whiskey has arrived. Total mess up as I hadn't used Amazon in awhile and I selected my PM address instead of the other service.

Now I have to go out and collect it like a peasant instead of it been delivered to my door. Both cost the same too, they have sent it in a rather large box too.

One usually sends ones manservant on such errands.

Jim Beam Devils Cut is £16 for amazon prime members at the moment. Just ordered a bottle through PW
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0093HSPNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jim Beam Devils Cut is £16 for amazon prime members at the moment. Just ordered a bottle through PW
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0093HSPNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Deep oak taste, dark tannins and 45-46% vol.
    I know lots of people who love it- not to my taste though.
    Good find- £16 a bottle is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

The offer in SuperValu for Jameson caught my eye. (€30)
    But then I wen t to Tesco and see Caskmates for €28 and Crested for €27
    Not a whiskey man myself but I know someone who is.
    Buying as a present. Which one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Great prices.
    They are both very nice.
    It's really a matter of taste.
    The Caskmates is something different and could be a bit of a novelty around Christmas so I'd probably go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Are the caskmates and the crested both in gift boxes in Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Smirnoff Vodka 70cl Tesco 17€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Crested...old style quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys, I see Orchard Thieves 18 tins is for €22 in Tesco, has anybody seen it cheaper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I see Orchard Thieves 18 tins is for €22 in Tesco, has anybody seen it cheaper ?

26 in Dunnes so I'd go for that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

whiz wrote: »

It was 20 in Tesco last week. Cheapest Ive ever seen it! 22 not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

For anyone interested Tia Maria 70cl bottle is €18 in Tesco until Christmas.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 CorkBhoy37

It was 20 in Tesco last week. Cheapest Ive ever seen it! 22 not bad at all

Got it at that price last week as well €20 along with Baileys 70cl for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

eahkDlG.jpg
    mm4v47T.jpg
    bMmJrlp.jpg
    M3iHAAQ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement