Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skateboarding photos

Options
  • 24-07-2012 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm Sean and I'm a pretty serious hobbyist photographer. I've done loads of work with bands and artists, models and exhibitionists, but I'm really wanting to get in touch with some skatebaorders.

I've been researching all day and it seems that Bushy Park would be the best place to go, but other than just arriving, is there any way of getting in touch with some guys beforehand? The community online seems to have died (either that or my googling skills are appalling)

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction to get started in this stuff?
    I've heard theres an indoor one in Blanch, GTS, but I can't find where exactly it's located.

I'm at Deadl.ie if anyone wats to see my work too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You could head into G1 on O'Connell street and talk to the lads in there or just turn up to any of the skate parks and the lot there should be willing enough to let you shoot them.

Haven't been part of that scene in years but if it's the same bunch around they should be happy to get nice pics taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Cheers Cian. I'll do that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kilkenny360

If you have a facebook account - most of the skateparks have active accounts.

https://www.facebook.com/gtf.skate
    https://www.facebook.com/touchwood.skatepark

Edit: Amazing shots by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Turns out G1 is closed. I went to Skatecity in TempleBar, but I musta said something wrong as the guy there didn't want to talk to me at all and frankly became quite rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Aww ****, that's Dublin knackered for boards then.
    I have a vendetta against the old fart in Skate City.
    He's always rude unless you're buying and even then he's pedantic and belittling, not to mention his 100% mark up on stock.
    Honestly, last year my GF bought me a long board for my birthday, she paid €180 for it and I found it later elsewhere for €90. Absolutely arse wipe IMO.

You can give www.wreckless.ie (Gorey) and www.theboardroom.ie (Greystones) a shot but they are pretty far out.
    There's also www.gosk8.ie (Tallaght) but I don't know if your man that runs it is really in with the scene.

I guess gives the skateparks a shout on Facebook or just turn up and see what the story is.
    If I was still any use I'd let you shoot me but you'd just get beer bellied beardy guy falling over a lot. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

give us a shout anytime!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

mehfesto wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm Sean and I'm a pretty serious hobbyist photographer. I've done loads of work with bands and artists, models and exhibitionists, but I'm really wanting to get in touch with some skatebaorders.

I've been researching all day and it seems that Bushy Park would be the best place to go, but other than just arriving, is there any way of getting in touch with some guys beforehand? The community online seems to have died (either that or my googling skills are appalling)

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction to get started in this stuff?
    I've heard theres an indoor one in Blanch, GTS, but I can't find where exactly it's located.

I'm at Deadl.ie if anyone wats to see my work too!

Touchwood Skatepark in Cork is wht you're after ;)

Advertisement