Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hearing aid suppliers in Cork -recommendations

• 24-04-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on which hearing aid supplier to go to in Cork city. They don't have to be the cheapest - just want really good, honest and competent service with proper procedures and good aftercare.
    thanks C :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Specsavers suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 midasman

Blackberry Hearing.

Clinics in Cork City - Elysian 3x per week.

MSc qualified Audiologist (UCC)
    4 Year Warranty on all hearing Aids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

midasman wrote: »
    Blackberry Hearing.

Clinics in Cork City - Elysian 3x per week.

MSc qualified Audiologist (UCC)
    4 Year Warranty on all hearing Aids
    midasman wrote: »
    OP - did you get sorted with your hearing aids?

As others had posted - make sure you shop around for prices / services etc. There is a wide range of standards in the market. I'm also in the hearing aid industry and would echo much of what has been posted. When you buy hearing aids, you are really buying a service from a company to maintain them to your needs over the years. This maintenance should always be free (included) and likewise repairs should mean a new unit on the day while yours is in getting repaired.

Let me know if you need any assistance!

M

Midas I'm aware that everything you touch turns to gold....

But on a Forum such as this when people are looking for personal recommendations then its considered to be extremely bad form for someone to offer such recommendations without declaring their vested interests in a business or service.

To be honest it makes me distrustful of Blackberry Hearing when the first I hear of them is in these unpleasant circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I don't have the hearing issue, but my father is using Specsavers from years. In the last visit, his audiologist also suggested trying Audivox hearing aids. Yes, it is a quite good option which is also available in the cork. For more details, you can see a variety of Cork specific hearing aid supplies here https://www.irelandlookup.com/Hearing_Aids/Cork/.

By the way, I am willing to purchase this personal amplifier for him to improve his experience while watching news and movies. I know he wouldn't like that I am investing in amplifiers as well, but I would love to get one for him. However, I didn't find it at any online store. Though many of this brand's assistive listening devices at available on Amazon UK but I would have to inquire a little more. By the way, I am also finding reviews about Auditone Hearing aids, and mayhap, I would order one piece.

Advertisement