Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In a chipper overhearing somebody on the phone talking about why Sarah should have known not to invite sinead

Sarah Connor. Sinead O'Connor! Think about that. Holy ****!!! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss Shpud. Take comfort that you were there with him at the end. Well done for being strong enough to make that happen.
    No one knows what to do at times like these, that's when all the rituals help, the wake, the funeral, all that stuff. I'm not religious but think all the Irish rituals around death are probably the most useful in the immediate aftermath, so chat to the neighbours coming in with food, sit around telling stories, probablybsome laughing and crying, whatever, there's no right or wrong. Mind yourself and reach out to whoever you need to if you need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭its_steve116

On the bus from Greystones to Dublin Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

So so sorry Shpud.

That will always help, even when you miss him the most, having been there and seeing him go peacefully at home will always bring you comfort. Look after yourself, go with the flow in the coming days.

Sorry for your loss Shpud x

Half way through a bottle of red, blame NG lol.. Was babysitting today and they've just gone home, mother of god I'm wrecked.. All the expensive toys cast aside, I'm blowing bubbles from Penneys and playing with balloons all day.. Pass that fecking glass lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry for your loss Shpud x

Half way through a bottle of red, blame NG lol.. Was babysitting today and they've just gone home, mother of god I'm wrecked.. All the expensive toys cast aside, I'm blowing bubbles from Penneys and playing with balloons all day.. Pass that fecking glass lol.

you mean it hasn't made you broody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Booking a trip to Amsterdam. Going with my cousin. This will not end well. Dumb and dumber on tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

giphy.gif

:pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    you mean it hasn't made you broody?

That ship has sailed thank fcuk.. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭gifted

Booking a trip to Amsterdam. Going with my cousin. This will not end well. Dumb and dumber on tour

One of my favourite cities....went up a few canals out there in my time..........

Lol lol

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    One of my favourite cities....went up a few canals out there in my time..........

Lol lol

Carry on.. You're amongst friends 😎

Carry on.. You're amongst friends 😎

Coincidentally that's what one of them said to me lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

you can't move for canal options over there.

Coincidentally that's what one of them said to me lol lol

I can empathise.. 😜

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol lol

That's what she said :pac:

Had to go to Ikea today.......... I then had to assemble the wardrobe...........
    Now having a well deserved gin & tonic!

My sympathies Spud, my last grandmother died when I was 12, I'm 43 now & still think of both my grandmothers often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside watching NFL. Don’t really understand it, but I wanna hence why I’m watching it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Used to love watching it on a monday night in the nineties in rte 2 Kitty!

Listening to a song that has lyrics
    “I want you to ruin my life yeah I want you to ruin my life yeah”
    I think I’ve been singing that for years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

So sorry for you shpud, :(

• Advertisement

Used to love watching it on a monday night in the nineties in rte 2 Kitty!

Sky Sports Mix have it on tonight, nice to see it the odd time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

playing poker online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Succubus_ wrote: »

Happy Birthday NG, I'm having a(nother) glass of prosecco in your honour :)

Glad to be supportive of such an important activity :D Thank you and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Sorry for your loss Shpud xx

I'm on the couch with the pupper. Have a sickie belly :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Feeling a bit tipsy and up for divilment :D ah lads, when are we going to have a beers?

Feeling a bit tipsy and up for divilment :D ah lads, when are we going to have a beers?

We so should :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Happy birthday Northgirl.. Hope it was a great day. I've no tea left in my cup to toast you, ffs, maybe i'll pour a drink instead.. (or get Mr cbyrd to pour it that way I won't have to leave the couch..)
    Watching movie number 3 for today, jesus, you'd swear I hadn't a child to be minding today :D I was watching sixth sense earlier with Elliot and the 4 and 9 year old came in and watched it too.. Wonder what time the nightmares will start.. Then it was cinderella and now leap year. I want a burger..

I'm full of divilment here.....baking a chocolate fondant tart ..lol lol

Bringing it to the folks tomorrow...dads dementia is getting worse so making more of an effort to get down to see him....

Jaysus I live on the edge lol lol

We should have them in Amsterdam when I’m there :D
    We’d be all kod, air ambulances and the whole lot

• Advertisement

We should have them in Amsterdam when I’m there :D
    We’d be all kod, air ambulances and the whole lot

Can you just imagine it.. Banged up abroad no doubt about it lol

Gifted, we'll open the border in the morning, Sephy, NG and Suby for fondant.. I'll have the sausage roll, ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement