Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

otterj wrote: »
    Spoke to agent, said they needed proof that im a student!! Thats €20 down the swanny

Did your sim not arrive with Vodafone x on it just waiting to be topped up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Spoke to agent, said they needed proof that im a student!! Thats €20 down the swanny

Congrats to all lucky ppl who could not get their SIM activated..santa came early for ya all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I used a student email to sign up so hopefully I will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Where does it say when you are signing up that you have to provide proof? It gives the steps and at no stage does it say you have to send your student ID or anything. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I would guess best thing to do is do nothing and especially do not contact VF, Wait for the 14 days to pass and see if you get the text. If it goes to day 15/16 then contact them. When you get the code maybe put it up here so everyone knows that its working. Or not working.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Where does it say when you are signing up that you have to provide proof? It gives the steps and at no stage does it say you have to send your student ID or anything. :confused:

There's no way it's only for students. It's advertised on the main page of their website, when you click through and it tells you how to apply for the offer, there's no mention of needing to be a student. When you go through all of the FAQ's there's no mention of needing to be a student there either.

I'm guessing someone copied and pasted some Vodafone X t's and c's from when it was a student offer and it has made it into the fine print of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Basil3 wrote: »

I'm guessing someone copied and pasted some Vodafone X t's and c's from when it was a student offer and it has made it into the fine print of this offer.

Ive been on vodafone x for 6+ months and never had to prove that I was a student when I signed up so cant see how you have to be now

omega42 wrote: »
    Ive been on vodafone x for 6+ months and never had to prove that I was a student when I signed up so cant see how you have to be now

That's the point I'm making.

I've been on to customer service, and they said I'm not entitled to the offer because my account (email address) has a previous port linked to it a few months ago (Pixel 3a). They said this invalidates the offer.

I've asked for a refund of my money, will see what they say.

I'd say to be safe, make sure you use a new email address when porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Basil3 wrote: »
    There's no way it's only for students. It's advertised on the main page of their website, when you click through and it tells you how to apply for the offer, there's no mention of needing to be a student. When you go through all of the FAQ's there's no mention of needing to be a student there either.

It's advertised on main page with no mention of "student" but when you go into the t&c's of the Samsung Bud offer.
    Free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds when you switch to Vodafone X (without a handset) Online Promotion Campus Tour September/October 2020 Terms and Conditions
    These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms.
    - This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.
    - Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.
    - To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.
    - Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collectio...2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.
    - Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.
    - Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.

Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.

I'd say they are changing the t&c's to suit them now.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It's advertised on main page with no mention of "student" but when you go into the t&c's of the Samsung Bud offer.

Making it up as they go along now. Vodafone are really gone to the dogs.

Basil3 already said this.

Yeah, that's the point I was making. I know it says student in the terms and conditions, but I reckon that's just someone copying across old terminology from an old Vodafone X offer when it was only for students. I don't think they would get away with not mentioning that it's a student offer anywhere in their promotion of it, and then try to catch people out with fine print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I just messaged them on Twitter, she said that it was a Vodafone X offer, not restricted to students.. she also said the codes should start being sent out tomorrow October 21st.. so fingers crossed

Edit.. screenshot.. https://ibb.co/vPGHBSV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I just messaged them on Twitter, she said that it was a Vodafone X offer, not restricted to students.. she also said the codes should start being sent out tomorrow October 21st.. so fingers crossed

Edit.. screenshot.. https://ibb.co/vPGHBSV

Pitchforks away until tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

To be eligible, it's said that €20 top-up required. I am wondering if the voucher top-up is fine.

I think there should be no reason why the voucher top-up isn't fine. However, I thought it's better to clarify this small doubt before I use the top-up voucher which I purchased about 1 year back and had forgotten about its existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

who delivers vodafone sims?

BArra wrote: »
    who delivers vodafone sims?

An post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

mac.in wrote: »
    I think there should be no reason why the voucher top-up isn't fine. However, I thought it's better to clarify this small doubt before I use the top-up voucher which I purchased about 1 year back and had forgotten about its existence.

I thought top ups only lasted 3 months?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That's with Three. Vodafone top-up vouchers are valid for two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

guys/gals

ordered eir sim
    ordered via vodafone offer url choosing to switch from above received eir sim phone num
    received vodafone sim this morning but its not activated and i still have the eir signal
    anpost tracking shows the vodafone sim as delivered at 10.30am today

what am i missing, do i just wait for the eir signal to drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

guys/gals

ordered eir sim
    ordered via vodafone offer url choosing to switch from above received eir sim phone num
    received vodafone sim this morning but its not activated and i still have the eir signal

Just have to wait, took 3 days for mine to switch over. Wanted me to phone them but didn't bother and it went through eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

guys/gals

ordered eir sim

Did the same and nothing happened. Contacted Vodafone and they advised my port was rejected because my SIM wasn't active & haven't looked into it since

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I have used vouchers even after 1 year. I presume it's 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭A1404

Quick update

received Vodafone sim, after a day i put it the phone, received message saying the port is done and my new number is that. Made top up and phone call and text message.
    Next day received the code which it didn't work for some reasons, spoken to them on live chat and they sent me another code, buds delivered in 2 days.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

A1404 wrote: »
    Quick update

received Vodafone sim, after a day i put it the phone, receipt message saying tge post is done and my new number is that. Made top up and phone call and text message.
    Next day received the code which it didn't work for some reasons, spoken to them on live chat and they sent me another code, buds delivered in 2 days.
    Great stuff! What network did you port from?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭A1404

Quackster wrote: »
    Great stuff! What network did you port from?

Got free eir sim card, got lucky with deal as i try many time on Pixel 3a and i couldn't get it, all orders i put cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks OP

Quick update

received Vodafone sim, after a day i put it the phone, received message saying the port is done and my new number is that. Made top up and phone call and text message.

When did you port in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Quick update

I topped up on the 15th and have yet to receive my text (with the redemption code) :(

Advertisement