Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2020, 10:04   #31
Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLips View Post
The price difference on the 4a and 5 is all down to VAT. Ex-VAT pricing is actually cheaper in Europe.
Yes I'm aware, I'm referring to the inconsistent conversion rate, particularly with the Chromecast.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 10:27   #32
KillerShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Interesting. I got my order in at 11pm, showing delivery of Nov 11-13.
Yeah I was going to order it earlier on and that's the dates I was getting got distracted then went back it was sold out.

Checked again later it was back in stock and that's the dates I got when I ordered it, ended up with a sorta sage one even though it will most likely have a black case on it
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 10:43   #33
bawnBeag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
Interesting, apart from this article, I couldn't find any official information on this. I don't think its a deal breaker even if the antennas for mmWave are not included. The infrastructure doesn't exist yet. 5G will still be supported on sub 6GHz which is/will be offered by mobile providers.
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 11:09   #34
Cina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacksey View Post
There's just nothing really flashy or innovative about this device, perfect if you dont have the bose headphones as they are brilliant. Interesting that the Pixel 4 is still more expensive than the 5
Well arguably that's the whole point. Trying to innovate with fancy features hasn't worked for Google previously, nor has putting high end specs and charging as much as iPhone's and Samsung's.

This phone is essentially them giving their 2 strongest things; the camera and the software, at a more affordable price. No gimmicks, just a good phone with hopefully a better battery, 90hz screen, water resistence, wireless charging, no bezels, all for €600. I imagine a lot more people will be interested in this than were interested in the 900e Pixel 4 just because that had project soli and face unlock! I certainly am.
01-10-2020, 11:14   #35
Nedved85

Yup, exactly. No interest in face unlock or waving gestures and if that means a much cheaper phone.. happy days!

The only slight downside I can see is the processor. I'm sure it's quick enough though.

If this phone had a 60 Hz display, I would not have ordered it.
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 11:43   #36
Phat Cat

I've been checking the store on and off all morning and it's still out of stock
01-10-2020, 11:46   #37
Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan786 View Post
Waiting for Vodafone to list it, they are normally 50-100 cheaper then Google and then offer another 50-100 off if switching number. Would be a great deal with free headphones.
Vodafone have posted a pre-order page at a higher price (no VAT reduction) without a porting deal FYI.

Last edited by Aristotle; 01-10-2020 at 11:50.
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 12:26   #38
Pacifico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Cat View Post
I've been checking the store on and off all morning and it's still out of stock
Didn't last long...hopefully more stock soon
01-10-2020, 14:02   #39
Daith

I'm very late to this but are Google "sold out" of pre orders? Or do they normally add more stock?
Advertisement
01-10-2020, 15:33   #40
Phat Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Didn't last long...hopefully more stock soon
Yep, pretty strange for them to run out of pre-orders. Hopefully when they restock they'll still have the Bose Headphone deal, but I doubt it.
01-10-2020, 17:46   #41
danicm

Oh nooo, I got the email last night saying it had been released but was to tired and went to sleep thinking I'd order it early in the morning, only to find it was already sold out!!!

I can see there's a few others here on the same boat.... I'll keep an eye on the store to see if it comes back, some times they do this on purpose just to build up expectations and convince people they should stop thinking about it and just buy it quick because very soon it might go out of stock again! But I don't need convincing! ����

Anyways, if someone notices them back in stock before I do, please be quick to report here, I'll do the same.
Thanks from:
01-10-2020, 19:14   #42
JDxtra

Odd that the Google UK store have no issues with stock, same for Amazon - still taking pre-orders there.
01-10-2020, 20:20   #43
wingnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved85 View Post
Yup, exactly. No interest in face unlock or waving gestures and if that means a much cheaper phone.. happy days!

The only slight downside I can see is the processor. I'm sure it's quick enough though.

If this phone had a 60 Hz display, I would not have ordered it.
I guess also the slower storage and ram vs flagships.
01-10-2020, 21:23   #44
Idleater

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicm View Post

Anyways, if someone notices them back in stock before I do, please be quick to report here, I'll do the same.
Too late for you but I saw "only black" in stock twice today. Got an order in the second time. I was hoping for a sage green but it'll be in a case most of the time so meh. The only case now not in stock is the one I prefer.
01-10-2020, 22:14   #45
SachaJ

Keeping an eye myself. UK has black still in stock.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion