Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-04-2020, 17:54   #31
Pacifico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,948
Sounds like a typical OnePlus phone...amazing hardware with a mediocre camera again!

https://youtu.be/Tri2WUiDNbo
Pacifico is offline  
Advertisement
14-04-2020, 17:58   #32
TitianGerm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Sounds like a typical OnePlus phone...amazing hardware with a mediocre camera again!

https://youtu.be/Tri2WUiDNbo
MKHB said the camera is very good and just behind the iPhone and Pixel and very similar to Samsungs offering.

Linus isn't really a phone reviewer but I do like his videos.
TitianGerm is offline  
14-04-2020, 18:01   #33
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,580
Was thinking about the wireless earphones

Was hoping for wireless charging on them to be compatible with wireless charging on the pro but 10 min charge time will do me !
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
14-04-2020, 18:25   #34
Pacifico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,948
Looking forward to a review of the bullets wireless z. Kinda looks like they cheeped out on the construction (plastic vs the metal of the v2s) and possibly the sound quality?

The version 2s are excellent but were €100
Pacifico is offline  
14-04-2020, 18:26   #35
TitianGerm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
Looking forward to a review of the bullets wireless z. Kinda looks like they cheeped out on the construction (plastic vs the metal of the v2s) and possibly the sound quality?

The version 2s are excellent but were €100
I don't like the bar thing around your neck but at €50 they are a good price.
TitianGerm is offline  
Advertisement
14-04-2020, 18:44   #36
ReginaldSmythV
Registered User
 
ReginaldSmythV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime View Post
Was thinking about the wireless earphones

Was hoping for wireless charging on them to be compatible with wireless charging on the pro but 10 min charge time will do me !
Had been waiting to see what they’d do with the design but I’ll wait for the new pixel buds now as the bullets are yet another with nothing to hold them in your ear.
ReginaldSmythV is online now  
14-04-2020, 18:59   #37
SleetAndSnow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,735
According to SuperSaf, the Intersteller green and the blue version of the Oneplus8/8pro won't be coming to the UK most likely including Ireland. Shame I presume that means the glacial green will only be available in the more expensive model too.
SleetAndSnow is offline  
14-04-2020, 19:44   #38
Heraldoffreeent
Registered User
 
Heraldoffreeent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,183
Guys, are all Oneplus de facto Dual SIM? Thinking of preordering this, but just afraid I'll get caught out by the Marketing Bumpf and be delivered a single sim.
Heraldoffreeent is offline  
14-04-2020, 21:06   #39
SleetAndSnow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldoffreeent View Post
Guys, are all Oneplus de facto Dual SIM? Thinking of preordering this, but just afraid I'll get caught out by the Marketing Bumpf and be delivered a single sim.
Yes they are usually, only know of the t-mobile one in the US being single sim
SleetAndSnow is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-04-2020, 21:10   #40
Heraldoffreeent
Registered User
 
Heraldoffreeent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleetAndSnow View Post
Yes they are usually, only know of the t-mobile one in the US being single sim
Nice one!!,as a Huawei user who got sidewinded by the Mi 10 being only single sim in Europe, I didn't want to get caught out with this.
Heraldoffreeent is offline  
Thanks from:
15-04-2020, 02:12   #41
Nolimits
Registered User
 
Nolimits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldoffreeent View Post
Nice one!!,as a Huawei user who got sidewinded by the Mi 10 being only single sim in Europe, I didn't want to get caught out with this.
Every one plus phone I've ever had, including the 7 pro that I'm typing this on is dual sim.
Nolimits is offline  
Thanks from:
15-04-2020, 09:34   #42
Pacifico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,948
Anyone pre-ordering and looking for a €10 off accessories voucher link...send me a PM!
Pacifico is offline  
15-04-2020, 10:19   #43
Mr. CooL ICE
Registered User
 
Mr. CooL ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 15,917
Was holding out for this but can't justify the price. My 3T is still going strong 3+ years on so will look elsewhere.
Mr. CooL ICE is offline  
15-04-2020, 10:22   #44
SleetAndSnow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
Was holding out for this but can't justify the price. My 3T is still going strong 3+ years on so will look elsewhere.
Same here, the pro is just too much for me and while I could get the 8 with a 5% student discount, the reviews aren't doing it any justice really.. time to do some research.
SleetAndSnow is offline  
15-04-2020, 12:30   #45
the heathen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleetAndSnow View Post
Same here, the pro is just too much for me and while I could get the 8 with a 5% student discount, the reviews aren't doing it any justice really.. time to do some research.
How do you mean? I've only seen positive things?
the heathen is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet