Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-04-2020, 20:07   #1
xtal191

OnePlus 8/Pro

Apologies if there's already a thread, please merge if so

Pro

Specs

https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_8_8...news-42519.php

Leaked/rumoured prices
OnePlus 8/128GB €729
12/256GB €835

Pro 8/128GB €930
12/256GB €1,020

I've had OnePlus ever since their first phone, 1, 3T, 6 and now the 7T but must admit if those prices are true I think the 7T will be my final OnePlus phone
Advertisement
09-04-2020, 10:38   #2
listermint

been away from One plus for some years - work devices etc. Love to come back.

The warp wireless charge is cool. very cool.
09-04-2020, 10:45   #3
Rmulvany

Looks good, I'm not likely to upgrade this year. Currently have the OP6T and I don't have a single issue with it so I'll stick with it until i have no other option.
One thing is for sure, there is going to be a great OnePlus waiting for me when I do decide to upgrade.
I'm not surprised that they have regressed from the pop-up selfie camera, but I am surprised they have moved to wireless warp.

The price is a bit of a jump up from their last few phone / the expected price difference compared to Samsung etc
10-04-2020, 07:30   #4
Zagato

I'll almost certainly be buying Pro version. I think only reason to buy S20 over it maybe camera, and I am not that into taking photographs. 30W wireless charging is impressive!
Last one I had was OnePlus 2, I really liked that (first phone I stuck with the OS it came with).
10-04-2020, 07:46   #5
ReginaldSmythV

As always with OnePlus it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve finally nailed the camera. Fingers crossed this time.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-04-2020, 14:19   #6
mossie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmulvany View Post
Looks good, I'm not likely to upgrade this year. Currently have the OP6T and I don't have a single issue with it so I'll stick with it until i have no other option.
One thing is for sure, there is going to be a great OnePlus waiting for me when I do decide to upgrade.
I'm not surprised that they have regressed from the pop-up selfie camera, but I am surprised they have moved to wireless warp.

The price is a bit of a jump up from their last few phone / the expected price difference compared to Samsung etc
I have the 6 and I'm still happy with that so won't be jumping on this one. As the prices creep up they are losing their big selling point and I cab't justify upgrading just for the sake of it.
(2) thanks from:
11-04-2020, 13:32   #7
adox

I’m still on a 6T and it’s performing the same as when I hit it when it was launched.

The price increases having been drastic over the last couple of cycles and that looks in continue big time. You could always forgive OnePlus for one of two missing or weaker features as you were still getting so much bang for buck but they are now entering proper flagship territory and they will be judged accordingly. No place to hide. Certainly “flagship killer” is a distant past with them now.

Oxygen OS is still my favourite Android OS though which is a huge plus.

The prices are getting too high now imo.
Thanks from:
11-04-2020, 13:53   #8
sugarman

Lovely phone, great specs but really cant justify those prices if true. They've slowly moved from their model of flagship killer to flagship competitor in recent times.

Im still hanging onto my OP3 here, so a cut priced 7T Pro might be the way to go for my next upgrade.
(2) thanks from:
11-04-2020, 14:48   #9
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaldSmythV View Post
As always with OnePlus it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve finally nailed the camera. Fingers crossed this time.
yes always a let down on the camera which is embarrassing at this stage.

a sub 200 euro pixel 3a takes better photos than the 7T.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-04-2020, 23:08   #10
SleetAndSnow

Prices look to be very high! Usually Three seem to have a lower price though. Does anybody know if their oneplus 7's were unlocked? Sometimes they are

Last edited by SleetAndSnow; 11-04-2020 at 23:20.
12-04-2020, 20:18   #11
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The wireless warp charge is only compatible with their own base unit which is going to be roughly another €80

I'm still rocking the OP5 but I've taken the protectors of it recently due to wear and tear and since doing so have never replaced them meaning I've dropped it and scratched the screen in places

Doesn't effect my usage etc , the only thing I think possibly my battery is discharging slightly faster but doesn't seem too bad now

Anyway, I'd love to upgrade to the 8 pro but if that price is true then I'm not sure if I will do it straight away.

The 5G thing I'd quite like because it will be here in not too long a time and other places too where it actually well be beneficial to me.

Just looking at the OnePlus website and three website and three are €50 cheaper on both devices , if they came Sim free that would be great, would need to find out that

Last edited by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime; 12-04-2020 at 20:22.
Thanks from:
13-04-2020, 12:00   #12
lertsnim

I may as well be getting a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone if spending that much money. Sadly this 7T Pro will probably be my last OnePlus phone. Plenty of good alternatives at a lower price.
Thanks from:
13-04-2020, 14:50   #13
Pacifico

Will there be New bullets wireless announced also I wonder?!
13-04-2020, 17:52   #14
SleetAndSnow

Think I'm going to end up getting the Green OnePlus 8. Don't see enough advantages in the pro to justify the huge price difference
13-04-2020, 17:59   #15

Just wondering..has anyone done a comparison with the new Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro...it's about €795

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion