Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-06-2015, 11:26   #1
ComfortKid
Banned

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Just wondering is there any cheap Chinese versions of a dream box and does anybody know where id look for one.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-06-2015, 11:37   #2
ComfortKid
Banned

This isnt for illegal use by the why. I just want to turn my tv in to a smart tv.
Thanks from:
13-06-2015, 11:45   #3
onlyme!

a fire stick or any android box on ebay will would suit your needs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-W87CU...&keywords=fire
(3) thanks from:
13-06-2015, 11:50   #4
Pocoyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortKid View Post
This isnt for illegal use by the why. I just want to turn my tv in to a smart tv.
Dont get a fire stick!!!!! android M8 smart box with a gyroscopic air mouse (very important) not air mouse but gyroscopic air mouse aka fly mouse.

If you purchase a smart box (not fire stick) pm me your email and i will forward you the required download links out of the goodness of my heart.

I cancelled my TV package thats how great these boxes are.
13-06-2015, 11:54   #5
Pocoyo
Banned

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=...ppn=r1&LH_FS=1

Free postage from numerous sources.
Advertisement
13-06-2015, 11:56   #6
ja1986

Hiya do you have a laptop/table that can connect to the to via hdmi? If so you can just download an app, which will stream everything for you to the tv
Thanks from:
13-06-2015, 12:05   #7
Pocoyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1986 View Post
Hiya do you have a laptop/table that can connect to the to via hdmi? If so you can just download an app, which will stream everything for you to the tv
Many people are doing this with old laptops if you remove the battery and connect the fly mouse to the computer via the dongle you can achieve the same effect the only down side is the noise of the machine and power consumption not recommended for someone that would like to use a streaming device as a main source of entertainment.
13-06-2015, 12:13   #8
Clareman

Any advice on an air mouse to get?? I spotted this thread and like the idea of an air mouse connected to a raspberry pi next to the TV
Thanks from:
13-06-2015, 12:26   #9
Pocoyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Any advice on an air mouse to get?? I spotted this thread and like the idea of an air mouse connected to a raspberry pi next to the TV
Mele F10 its also has a built in speaker i use it for skype/FB calls through my TV on reverse of the remote there is a keyboard.

But you can buy a similar m3 fly mouse in ireland that takes regular batteries.
Still id suggest ordering the mele and waiting for delivery.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-06-2015, 12:27   #10
Clareman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocoyo View Post
Mele F10 its also has a built in speaker i use it for skype/FB calls through my TV on reverse of the remote there is a keyboard.

]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71dH8oEDT-L._SL1500_.jpg

But you can buy a similar m3 fly mouse in ireland that takes regular batteries.
Still id suggest ordering the mele and waiting for delivery.
Thanks did that, to eBay I go I have a Vu+ Ultimo and the remote looks very like that and the wife is used to it so it should be perfect
Thanks from:
13-06-2015, 12:30   #11
Pocoyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
Thanks did that, to eBay I go I have a Vu+ Ultimo and the remote looks very like that and the wife is used to it so it should be perfect
Haha its must be nuclear powered i havent charged the remote in months.
13-06-2015, 12:52   #12
AndersLimpar
Banned

Don't bother with the cheap stuff from China - they work fine but can be a bit unstable and there is a high failure rate as well especially after extended use.

Buy the Google Nexus Player and the Mele F10 above. Root the Nexus and put lollirock into it and away you go.

I've had several of the Chinese boxes and while most were fine and perfectly useable, none were a patch on the stability and usability of the nexus player.

The caveat here is that you install Lollirock though. Without it the nexus player is a piece of crap
13-06-2015, 14:20   #13
Del007

Is it xbmc that you put on the nexus player then?
(2) thanks from:
13-06-2015, 15:12   #14
AndersLimpar
Banned

No, I don't have XBMC on it at all. I find it way too clunky and everything takes loads if button presses to do anything and repos keep breaking etc. so its a bit head wrecking to be honest.

I use plex for movies, TV shows and music plus various android apps for TV. I'm pretty sure some of them can't be named here so have a Google for them.

To cut off cable completely requires a fair bit of messing around with the box and even more so when using XBMC so don't expect an out of box solution like the old dreamboxes were. It's also not 100% reliable so there will be times when things won't work, again even more so with XBMC so be ready for that.
(3) thanks from:
15-06-2015, 17:08   #15
normakelle

Android boxes to use in Usa

If you buy an android box to use in Ireland, Can you use the box in America by just using a travel adapter?
thanks
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion