Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cabaal wrote: »
    Spotted this on the ground in Kilkenny,

Front cover said Covid is deadly...but of course sin is worse
    :rolleyes:

I was fairly certain some nutcases were about before I saw this leaflet, I spotted a very odd looking couple in High Street and one was holding a giant statue of mary about 1hour earlier. I knew they were upto no good

no, that would be the protestants

• Registered Users Posts: 33,855 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cabaal wrote: »
    Spotted this on the ground in Kilkenny,

Front cover said Covid is deadly...but of course sin is worse
    :rolleyes:

What's their position on littering?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

"Christ died for our sins".

Didn't make a great job of it, only stayed dead for three days!

Just a lost weekend really then back to the aul' lad's place feeling rather sheepish I imagine.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just a lost weekend really then back to the aul' lad's place feeling rather sheepish I imagine.

We've all been there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,050 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What, you've all been to Hotblack's aul' lad's place? Does it not get a bit crowded?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Peregrinus wrote: »
    What, you've all been to Hotblack's aul' lad's place? Does it not get a bit crowded?

It's staggered.

:pac:

smacl wrote: »
    We've all been there :pac:

Yeah but after turning wine into water, not the other way around :cool:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

528881.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Atheist somehow able to make moral decisions

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/atheist-able-to-make-moral-decisions-20151123104107
    HUMANS who do not believe in a god still have some morals, it has emerged.

In an experiment inspired by the continuing popularity of religion, 28-year-old Helen Archer was given consequence-free opportunities for selfish gain including the chance to get unlimited free crisps simply by pushing over a small child.

But despite not having a deeply-rooted fear of an omnipotent entity’s wrath, Archer consistently showed basic empathy.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: “We gave her the opportunity to steal, lie, fornicate and even do a murder, although we had to substitute a chicken for a person in that one because of legal issues.

“We covered most of the things mentioned in the major religious books, plus we even threw in some internet fraud in a nod to modernity.”

Archer said: “They gave me the login detail’s for a stranger’s PayPal account, which had 800 quid in it, and told me to go crazy on my preferred fashion website.

“I just felt weird about it, even though they said the money just belonged to ‘some proper knobhead nobody likes’. I thought of the person having to ring up PayPal to sort it out, and it just being a massive nuisance for them.”

Professor Brubaker added: “It seems that humans have some innate moral sense that tells them not to do things like murders. So it’s probably fine to ignore religion, unless you don’t want to gamble on the ‘Hell’ stuff which to be fair does sound bad.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Odhinn wrote: »

Anyone else find it a bit creepy the way the statue turned so it was constantly facing the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Odhinn

529614.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

122158856_3721632734535696_1626652846560602202_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=M4pKz61Cr3MAX_whzCc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=fe1f098b41605740bd260dd62beefaf1&oe=5FB690E5

121645438_10222076004463686_5983076350428923566_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=m3ue_GPbsngAX-eboyV&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=3cce7bbe71635b0e7f2b70cbab8392b3&oe=5FB44B19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

530298.jpg

530388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

530432.jpg

530540.jpg

• Advertisement

530738.jpg

EmAq2yHXUAQ6w9n?format=jpg&name=small

532616.jpg

533144.jpg

533335.jpg

Worztron wrote: »
    533335.jpg

One incestuous origin family is unfortunate, two incestuous origin families smacks of carelessness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    One incestuous origin family is unfortunate, two incestuous origin families smacks of carelessness.
    And a distinct lack of imagination or alternatives, or both.

robindch wrote: »
    And a distinct lack of imagination or alternatives, or both.

Or a predisposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

kWj2Mt1

Advertisement