Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    How about Teddy the Mod.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Playing Now 28 with the sun coming in through the door. Perfect for weather like this. The final fatbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

Having breakfast in my garden and overhearing Dad next door talking with his children about all the nature on display (I was going to type the birds and the bees, but it wasn’t that type of conversation, TG!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

At the start of the lockdown I said to myself, now that I have a pair of strong shoulders to help me, I'm going to do this and that long procastraniated task.

Yesterday in what felt like the hottest day of the year I stared them and remembered why I put them off as they are so physical.

In the past two days, Ive gotten all but one(the scariest) finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Watching the SpaceX manned launch live, T+10 and it's all gone well. The first stage landed successfully on the drone ship, which is named Of Course I Still Love You. Why such a weird name? It's a tribute to the late SF author Iain M Banks, whose Culture novels included sentient spaceships with twisted senses of humour ... :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

That first sip of tea in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have re-claimed my estate! :D Not really, but I've lived here for most of my life, but I hadn't been on our green in many, many years.

This morning I went out to sit on a bench that I hadn't sat on in over 10 years, even though it's only 30 metres from my house. I used the time to try out a drone that I bought 2 years ago (but I lost the instructions...so not ideal).

Back in my day, we used to play football on the green (jumpers as goals) but nowadays the kids have shop-bought goalposts. Somehow, the goalposts are always left in the corner of the green outside my house, so this morning I went out and left them outside of the families who use them! :D If anybody saw me, I'm sure they would have said "Weirdo!". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

5 neighbours brought out chairs to the front garden and we had a fabulous chat at 2 metres apart . Covid is a real bitch but it taught us a lot too .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Getting a successful response via email from Tesco customer services. 20 minutes on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My history here is back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So, 503s are history? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Getting chatted up in the supermarket this morning

Reading a thriller called The First Lady by James Patterson

Roast beef for the Sunday lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Getting chatted up in the supermarket this morning

Come on... You can't leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I just watched Sunshine on Leith, a lovely film set in Edinburgh and a story told through the music of the Proclaimers. It's a real feel-good film with some lovely arrangements of the Proclaimers' songs, and Edinburgh looks so good in it. Have a nice warm fuzzy feeling tonight . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Still smiling inanely after making my o.h blush last night on our first video call, and not even through naughty means :) (that was later. Ha!
    After various skype glitches). Just the right words at the right time.

Don't you know some gob****e will pee on my mood from a height, but I'm holding tight to the feeling for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Walking through the town today, because of the drought the river is really low. Dozens of people swimming, splashing, playing water frisby. The sound of laughter and happiness in the air was so wonderful. I've missed the sound of people having fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH at getting a helping hand

Was turning turf in the bog last night. There was a guy in a nearby plot and when he finished footing his turf, he came and helped me with mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Did something nice for someone last night....it was a small gesture and the person thinks I'm the bestest ever :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Daveno

Taking a walk in the countryside - away from main roads, other people and leaving my cell phone at home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nature.

I was outdoors for hours today painting and a little shrew kept coming up long side me and just hanging around.
    They're funny little creatures with their pointy nose and waddle walk.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Someone came between me and my sleep last night and I awoke this morning inventing the most amazing excuses for avoiding my daily exercise. Hauled myself out of bed and went for a run. Feel great now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    The semi-feral cats called for their dinner and left. I left out some extra food in case some more stragglers were planning to pay a visit, I was just about to bring it back in when... who do I catch stuffing his cute little face? This fella! :)

513324.jpg

It's been raining, that's why the fur on his/her nose is all messy. I think s/he took up residence under the shed. :)

Visit n. 4 last night. :)

515086.jpg

Listening to the soundtrack of the film version of Fiddler on the Roof now on CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Getting into a staring contest with a fox I met during my lunchtime walk (I won; fox ran away from the immense power of my gaze).

And I got a delivery of books today. I never buy new books for myself - I always buy second hand or go to the library, but obviously neither are an option now. I'm sick of the ereader, too, so I treated myself to three brand new physical specimens. I've spent half the day smelling their new book smell and admiring how unsullied the paper is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

New Home wrote: »
    Visit n. 4 last night. :)

515086.jpg
    I haven't seen a hedgehog in 20 years I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

https://ibb.co/XWQ6s4L

Made me smile

Seen in Cornwall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog has to wear a cone. I shouldn't laugh, but she is so vexed with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Met a beautifly tabby today, s/he hangs around a coffee shop beside a large supermarket,
    cat obv loves the attention and no doubt the tidbits received for jumping on the outside tables of the cafe area.

*Cat is obv a pet, well fed and has excellently groomed coat.

Advertisement