Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the OH's place are looking for staff - IT tech support in swords :)

pm me if you want the details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

If people are looking for retail work they should head to dundrum town centre and get the job list from customer services. They usually have at least 2 pages full of jobs going there or check out http://www.dundrum.ie/about-us/jobs/ I worked out there for 3 years, was a nice place to work i think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I spotted an ad for a Graphic Designer in Reads of Nassau street on friday. The section round the back near Renards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Saw two new jobs in Blanch SC,

Photography shop (not sure of the name of it) are looking for staff with sales or photography expierence and a new bear factory type store opening as well there also looking for staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dominos pizza are hiring apparantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooklyn

So, I haven't read any replies or nothing, just the topic itself - and I'd advise you to have a look in the IT-sector outside of Dublin City. Co. Kildare and Co. Cork being the main ones I suppose.

I work for Hewlett-Packard, employed through CPL, out in Leixlip, Kildare - and I'm from Sweden. Granted this specific job as a tech support-agent is 'cause I'm fluent in another language, it's a low entry job in general. As I don't know where your wife is from, I can't say if we have any openings for her languages, but there's quite a lot of other random jobs around here (food, cleaning et cet era) which employs a lot of people with a limited knowledge of the english language, if that'd be the case.

As for yourself, just have a look and see if there's any positions for english speaking agents - or learn another language during your "offtime" from work - then you'd be a great asset at any company.

Regards,
    Christian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

Thanks for the info Christian, My wife is Russian/ukrainian and a fluent english speaker and is currently looking for jobs in the area of multilingual customer service. As for myself Ive been learning Russian from herself and also using Rosetta stones computer Russian language course, I'm currently looking into ways of studying Russian to degree level as I would love to add a second language to my C.V.

stone mason wanted sign

the shop is on the corner of dorset street and i think fredrick street. its a headstone shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

If people are looking for retail work they should head to dundrum town centre and get the job list from customer services. They usually have at least 2 pages full of jobs going there or check out http://www.dundrum.ie/about-us/jobs/ I worked out there for 3 years, was a nice place to work i think!!

La Senza Duty manager required! Ding dang doo!

full-time and part-time jobs being advertised in the window of the chemist beside ulster bank on o'connell street (the bridge end)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Just saw on their site that mylunch.ie looking for "a number of" Business Development execs in Dublin Link here

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Also Centra Nth King St are looking for a manager.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Just saw on their site that mylunch.ie looking for "a number of" Business Development execs in Dublin Link here

Its commission sales, not a real job. It says the pay is 35K OTE (on target earnings) which means if you sell something on every single attempt throught the year, you will get this, but its impossible to achieve, its bogus. If you don't make a sale you don't get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

CCCP wrote: »
    Its commission sales, not a real job. It says the pay is 35K OTE (on target earnings) which means if you sell something on every single attempt throught the year, you will get this, but its impossible to achieve, its bogus.

friend mine in new york works a commision only job , he earned $250k last year , suppose thats not a real job either ? no wonder we have 450k on handouts here !

danbohan wrote: »
    friend mine in new york works a commision only job , he earned $250k last year , suppose thats not a real job either ? no wonder we have 450k on handouts here !

I also know people who make money in sales, BUT, we're not all sales geniuses if it was that easy EVERYONE would do it.

I'm not on Hand outs, Ive payed my prsi in all jobs Ive done and receive my benefits I am entitled to and have payed for.
    Yes there are those who abuse the system, but not all of us.
    what would you suggest? I give up my dole and take a commission job and risk myself and wife not being able to pay rent, not being able to eat, etc...
    you think Im gonna risk the little I have in a commission only sales job?

Fair play to your friend for achieving this.

I talked to a guy in FAS yesterday about the CE scheme.

For those who don't know:

CE = community employment.
    Working in your local area for voluntary organizations.

You get around 216 a week for this, (instead of your welfare payment of course) its part time, 20 hours a week. As far as I know it wont effect any other benefits such as lone parent or heating allowance etc.

The rates are

Category of Participant
    Rate
    Participant without dependents
    €216
    Participant with adult dependent
    €346.10 maximum*
    Each child dependent (full rate)
    €29.80
    Each child dependent (half rate)
    €14.90

(*Means tested against income, if any, of qualified adult dependent)

If you find any relevant training courses they will send you on this, in lue of your hours in the CE job, you will still get payed and they will pay up to 500 in fees for courses per person per year. It may be possible to get more fees payed in a year if the particular organization has money left over in their budget from other CE workers not availing of the optional training courses.

you need to be over 25, and on social welfare for at least 1 year.
    you can work up to one year in this, with 2 additional years possible if it is deemed relevant to your interests and future career opportunities.
    If the CE job is in working with vulnerable people in society then You will need to undergo Garda vetting, if you have been outside Ireland for more then 2 years in previous 5 years you are not eligible for Garda vetting so cannot avail of this but may be eligible for other CE jobs in different areas (such as clerical work).

CE offers a wide range of jobs in many areas, from photography to youth worker. You have to find your own CE job, they can be found here http://www.fas.ie/en/job+seeker/home/default.htm just click the "find a job" link and look for Jobs with CE written beside the job title. I think but am not sure, that it must be in your local community.

Also, If you can find another part time job it will not effect your allowance from CE, so You can have 2 jobs, CE for 230 a week and also possible training courses AND a part time job that could earn you another 100-300 a week depending.

Despite what I said in my OP about FAS being no help, I must admit this particular counselor was very helpful, so I retract my former statement.

The whole point of this scheme is to develop new skills and gain experience in areas of interest to a long term unemployed person that will get them back to work and eventually lead to a career, all while allowing them to earn a reasonable income, avail of training courses and work in another job to boost earnings.

Its well worth checking out particularly for those who would like to work eventually in Childcare, social care, youth care or with disadvantaged people such as recovering drug addicts etc.

Its not confined to working with vulnerable members of society however, there are CE jobs that can get you the right road to working in many industries. For example, a friend of mine worked as a photographer on a CE scheme for 2 years.

Full info can be found here:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/unemployment-and-redundancy/employment-support-schemes/community_employment_scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

CCCP wrote: »
    I also know people who make money in sales, BUT, we're not all sales geniuses if it was that easy EVERYONE would do it.

I'm not on Hand outs, Ive payed my prsi in all jobs Ive done and receive my benefits I am entitled to and have payed for.
    Yes there are those who abuse the system, but not all of us.
    what would you suggest? I give up my dole and take a commission job and risk myself and wife not being able to pay rent, not being able to eat, etc...
    you think Im gonna risk the little I have in a commission only sales job?

Fair play to your friend for achieving this.

because we have a highly inflated sw system here you can afford to make that choice , if your social welfare income was half of what it is now , it ran out after 1 year , your rent /mortg payments were only covered for 6 months then you would have to do it and you would suceed because you have too, as a country we cant continuie to pay the levels we are paying

danbohan wrote: »
    because we have a highly inflated sw system here you can afford to make that choice , if your social welfare income was half of what it is now , it ran out after 1 year , your rent /mortg payments were only covered for 6 months then you would have to do it and you would suceed because you have too, as a country we cant continuie to pay the levels we are paying

Look If you wan to start a thread on this I'll gladly discuss with you further, but This thread is stickied to provide info for those looking for a job in Dublin, so lets not debate this here.

Medical card and returning to employment:

If you are a long term unemployed adult (min 1 year) and return to work you are entitled to keep your medical card for 3 years. provided you dont exceed certain income levels (Not sure of exact figures but its just over 500 euros a week total household income)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/social-welfare-payments-and-work/help_with_low_pay

private moments in phibsboro have a sign in their window looking for staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

how hard is it to get a job in dublin in a pub? or does anyone know? id even take part time,just really need a job! just asking because i have nearly 4 years experience in a pub and while i was working in this pub i was also working in the bar in the local GAA club which also had a 500 seater theatre attached to it and would work every weekend in there after my shift in the pub was finished?i know i am good at the bar work and have have worked at everything from weddings to 21st and anything you can think of!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Have you checked jobs.ie? I know I had it's rss feeds sent to my google reader account and there more often than not was bar jobs advertised daily. Best guess I would say is hustle around hotels with your cv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Seeing as your wife speaks Russian, has she applied to Google? A Belarusian friend who works there has had on her gmail status for the last few weeks that they are hiring Russian speakers.
    http://www.google.ie/intl/en/jobs/dublin/adsales/custsupport/advertising-operations-associate-multiple-languages-available-eu-headquarters/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

China City in Ballyfermot wants delivery staff and counter staff.
    Plus you get to deal with as a customer, I'm very friendly

But I never, ever tip :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Burton in Liffey Valley are looking for sales assistants.

londis on the corner of parnell street and o'connell street looking for staff

Recommend website www.Dole.ie .

It lists all jobs from the main jobs websites in one list. (Staff.ie, Recruitireland.com, Publicjobs.ie, Monster.ie , Loadzajobs.ie , Hartleypeople.com , Gumtree.ie, Fas.ie etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Centra on Westland Row are looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The Georgian Fare on Lower Baggot Street is reopening, possibly under a different name, and has a sign in the window looking for chefs, waitresses etc.

They're between Tesco and Mulloys Fish Shop

• Advertisement

funland on o'connell street are looking for people on their ice cream shop

centra beside pearse street train station looking for staff

Advertisement