Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What will you play in WAR?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

the herder just looks really fun to play tho. defintly my second choice.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It's going to be a Bright Wizard for me. I think I'll probably end up trying very many classes on both sides though. They all seem interesting and distinct from each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maximilian wrote: »
    It's going to be a Bright Wizard for me. I think I'll probably end up trying very many classes on both sides though. They all seem interesting and distinct from each other.

Bear in mind you can only have characters from one realm at a time on any given server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only one character per realm, or you can only pick one side (i.e. Order/Destruction) per realm? One character per realm seems like an odd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Hopefully he means one side, rather than just one race. Having to spread my characters amongst 3+ servers would be a right pain.

I've no objections to playing Disorder on one server and Order on another.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hopefully he means one side, rather than just one race. Having to spread my characters amongst 3+ servers would be a right pain.

I've no objections to playing Disorder on one server and Order on another.

Yes, order only or destruction only on a server, regardless of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

In the beta you are limited to 10 characters total. Wonder if that will carry over.

Played Sorcerer early on in beta and thought it was ok, PVE wise I was doing most DPS all the time nearly, but pvp it didnt feel so effective.

Doing Magus atm and so far so good

Standby for screens.

Edit for screenshots:
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_008.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_009.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_010.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_012.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_015.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_016.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/LyteoM_018.jpg

Ill keep updating my photobucket album as I take more so...:
    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m233/lyteo/warhammer/

The shots of his face close up are to show how he changes to grinding his teeth angrily. Those close up shots, his face isnt like that by default. If you target someone his upper lip moves and he gets pissed off looking, lol

You can see the few graphic bugs still with items showing through each other, the cloak mainly is the culprit at the moment, armour sticks out through it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I like his frisbee.

The one with Eyes and Teeth is actually a Mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

After being the good guys in that "other game" and regreting it Im going to be destruction this time! :D

Cant decide between a squig herder and black orc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Everyone and their mother seems to be planning to avoid playing the "good" guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Evil will always triumph over Good, because Good is stupid :)

Actually I expect that in the fullness of time I will try out a Shadow Warrior, Engineer and Runepriest, but I have a thing for playing evil armies, and Chaos has been my primary force in pretty much every GW game over the last 20 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Witch Elf and Zealot I think for me. Then its a tie-up between Chosen or Black Orc for the last spot..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Drakar wrote: »
    Everyone and their mother seems to be planning to avoid playing the "good" guys.

Apparently it was the same with WoW pre-release, but what tends to happen is alot of the casual players who don't post on forums or play in betas end up choosing the 'good' guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I tend to go with healers but like some dps too so might go with a shaman.
    In Age of conan i loved the priest of mitra as it was the best healer and decent dps with great aoe.
    Pity the game was so buggy.

Dcully wrote: »
    I tend to go with healers but like some dps too so might go with a shaman.
    In Age of conan i loved the priest of mitra as it was the best healer and decent dps with great aoe.
    Pity the game was so buggy.

I suspect you are going to have the same problems again trying to decide on a main :)

Maximilian wrote: »
    I suspect you are going to have the same problems again trying to decide on a main :)

LOL tell me about it :)
    Atleast with the open beta i cant get past lvl 20 so i can try out a few classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

IF i get this game, i would opt to either the Human Warrior Priest or Witch Hunter for the good guys or the Chaos Chosen for the baddies

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Think I'll probably go for a DoK as my main now, been reading more and more about the class and it looks neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

I was looking at the DoK too but it seems a little weak may go with a Zealot, I hate to many choices :p In that other mmo, I loved Druids, but there is nothing that resembles it in Warhammer.

• Advertisement

Hey Widey :)
    When open beta starts im gonna roll a tonne of chars and lvl them to the lvl 20 cap thats is there in the beta.
    Then when early access arrives i hope to have an idea on a main :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Lo Cully,

have this TS on the new PC working now, so we'll have the crack :D. I have the beta key, but having a problem with the download. I'll keep trying though.

The torrents suck. The website is proving best for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

It was the opposite for me, website droppped after a couple of minutes, and the torrent was solid. Having said that, I think they tweaked their website download service in the last day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Da Bounca wrote: »
    It was the opposite for me, website droppped after a couple of minutes, and the torrent was solid. Having said that, I think they tweaked their website download service in the last day or two.
    yeah they did, they're allowing for users to choose their own download speeds

Advertisement