Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

!!Screenclick reminder!!

• 30-12-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

If you signed up for the 1c Screenclick offer, don't forget to cancel your account if you don't want to be charged full membership!

It is what it's.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I cancelled mine a couple of weeks ago. It may already be to late to cancel now. The email and txts I got said you had to contact them by December 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Yeah it said the 20th but I emailed them on the 27th I think and they cancelled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what is their email address in case they mess my cancellation up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have one DVD outstanding that I had ready to send of.. but the ma put it away somewhere and now we cant fecking find it!

Sent email to:- DVDsupport@screenclick.com

They say if sending back DVDs, do so via Registered Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sully04 I think ScreenClick say to get a Certificate of Posting, you can get one free at the post office counter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Oracle wrote:
    Sully04 I think ScreenClick say to get a Certificate of Posting, you can get one free at the post office counter.

Oh right, whats that all about then? This is what they told me:-
    We advise a proof of postage to be to be filled out by you and stamped by a Post Office clerk. to guarantee no further charge will be taken , as sometimes DVDs can get delayed or go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

ha i sent mine back then bout a week later (27th dec) i emailed them telling them i had no outstanding dvds and i would like them to terminate my account immediatly. They replied within 15hours (overnight) with a very nice email stating that my request was completed. no trouble at all. Well done screenclick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

i last recieved a dvd from screenclick on the 24th of november. I sent it back within a few days and didnt recieve anything since. They are still saying that they havent got it. I tried cancelling my account by ringing them and was constantly on hold. Since emailing them I have been told they can't cancel my account unless i have proof that i posted the last dvd back. I didnt register the post because i actually expected another dvd before i would have to cancel my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Still have a DVD left here, so I guess I'll be charged for January which is no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I cancelled early December - then a week later they sent me a DVD! Odd, since my online a/c was disabled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

cancelled mine on 18th december, never had a replay. and today received a dvd from them! good job still have the email i sent them in my sent items. they can't take any money anyway as i closed that bank account down in october.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

i cancelled my subscription before the offer expired. i also posted the last dvd back, i checked my rental history and it says the last dvd was not returned. I am just wondering if anyone has experience of this. Will I have to pay for the missing dvd, will it be expensive?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROVER

I want to stay with Screenclick and therefore did not cancel my sub once the offer was over. However my last DVD was returned on 2.1.07 and to date the next DVD has not been posted out. I chased them my email - no reply. Phoned them their voice mail box is full. Any one else in same situation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

ROVER wrote:
    I want to stay with Screenclick and therefore did not cancel my sub once the offer was over. However my last DVD was returned on 2.1.07 and to date the next DVD has not been posted out. I chased them my email - no reply. Phoned them their voice mail box is full. Any one else in same situation
    Maybe none of the titles in your list are currently available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

GRRRRRRRRRR

I was on this offer. I waited until the last DVD was returned (and recorded on their system as being returned) before phoning to cancel. All before 20 Dec.

I checked my credit card online this morning - a €14.99 charge for screenclick dated 04 JAN 2007. Phoned a landline number and got a message that their mailbox is full.

Mailed them for a refund.

.. waiting ..

GRRRRRRRRRR

****ing bastards have charged me too :mad: :mad: :mad:

Used a 3v Card - best of luck getting money outta dat :P

i have also been charged....think i will have to get credit card company to do a charge back, as i cancelled the account in good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cancelled mine about a fortnight ago with proof of postage gotten with last DVD..

.. got an e-mail from them a day or two later saying it was cancelled. Can't complain... but shame to see other people having problems here.

With regards to being charged.. as long as you got the proof of postage with the last DVD sent back to them, you'll be refunded. If you didn't.. then tough (.)(.)! (they're breasts, not eyes! :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I returned my last dvd in WELL enough time, sent it by registered post and used the online tracker to show it had been returned to them. Yet my credit card was STILL charged €14.99 on 5th January 2007

****ING Terrible service.

I would strongly recommend that NOBODY use screenclick, they will keep charging your credit card even after you quite CLEARLY cancel your account. And I am not the only 1 this is happened to.

I am outraged. Gonna have to contact my banks credit card department and get the money refunded. Because they are ignoring my emails asking to refund the money.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

hey Lorax,
    did the last dvd show up in your rental history as being returned or does it say dispatched?

basquille wrote:
    as long as you got the proof of postage with the last DVD sent back to them, you'll be refunded

what if you never received the dvd they sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Me too. I closed my account and my rental history shows that I sent all DVDs. I still was charged 14.99 euro. Waiting for a reply from Screenclick.

I guess there will be lot of cases like us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I was charged also, so look forward to arguing with them over that one! Thing is, I would have stayed with them had the service not been so mind-bogglingly slow (and I was a subscriber in the past, maybe a year ago, and it was not slow then; there have been threads on the slowness before.)

The last DVD was "sent" on the 11 Dec and I cancelled shortly thereafter but I didn't actually get it until the new year. Sent it back immediately, but charged 14.99 on the 4th.

I honestly think they really screwed up this promotion badly.

I agree. Terrible service I would advise everyone to avoid them like the plague.

Jacob55 wrote:
    hey Lorax,
    did the last dvd show up in your rental history as being returned or does it say dispatched?

No, doesn't show up anywhere in my account. Same with my rental history there's nothing there at all. Yet the registered post tracker proves they received it. They are dodgy ****ers I'm very pissed off they have my credit card details.

blorg wrote:
    The last DVD was "sent" on the 11 Dec and I cancelled shortly thereafter but I didn't actually get it until the new year

at least you got it. twice i got nothing off them

*Bump* anyone hear from them yet? I sure havent.

no I havent heard a thing from them, guess i'll have to try ring them again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

TarfHead wrote:
    GRRRRRRRRRR

I was on this offer. I waited until the last DVD was returned (and recorded on their system as being returned) before phoning to cancel. All before 20 Dec.

I checked my credit card online this morning - a €14.99 charge for screenclick dated 04 JAN 2007. Phoned a landline number and got a message that their mailbox is full.

Mailed them for a refund.

.. waiting ..

GRRRRRRRRRR

Refund is showing on my credit card - dated 05 JAN 2007

Advertisement