Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitachi 130

• 26-07-2011 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi all
    my digger is tracking to the left going forward. any ideas as to what would be wrong. the pressure was adjusted on pump down a bit as engine was labouring a bit and now have this problem.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You adjusted the pump pressure because the engine was labouring?

That is not really fixing the issue.

If it is only happening since then well it is obvious what you need to do to fix it. If it was happening before that there is a number of possible problems.

Failing track motor.
    Shyte under the track lever (fairly common issue)
    Spool valve not opening fully.
    Blockage somewhere in the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

Engine would labour when using i think it was the dipper rams and i was told to cut down pressure and this caused the tracks to weaken.{adjusted screw under pump}
    no dirt around the levers for tracking
    i suppose i should have asked why when using dipper it caused pull on engine. temp guage used to go very hot after about hr. is it much of job to check pressures on pumps.

I am not great on plant but from what I have been told there is 2 pumps on the machine. Left hand pump works left track boom and lets say dipper, right hnad pump works right track, boom and bucket.

I'll ask the auld lad tomorrow, he would know better than me

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

not sure is this will help but we have a komatsu mini and about a year ago it was vandiliseed and they bent the track lever out the door we straighned it but it now tracks a wee bit slower on that side

Right, asked the auld fella and he confirmed that it does have 2 pumps.

There is a governer plate on the newer 130s that adjusts the pump as the demand increases. This may be at fault on yours but is unlikely.

Before you adjusted anything what used to happen? Was it engine or hydraulic system that used to get hot?

What did you adjust by the way, and will you be able to put it back the way it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Is she an FH or a ZX?

Slidey wrote: »
    Right, asked the auld fella and he confirmed that it does have 2 pumps.

There is a governer plate on the newer 130s that adjusts the pump as the demand increases. This may be at fault on yours but is unlikely.

Before you adjusted anything what used to happen? Was it engine or hydraulic system that used to get hot?

What did you adjust by the way, and will you be able to put it back the way it was?

sorry about delay in replying.when the dipper was been extended it used to labour engine badly.everything else grand.the temp guage would go up to max after an hour working. a mechanic advised adjustin pressure down. didnt use pressure clocks just kept going until labouring quit.was just wondering had anyone any problem similar. its an Fh130.3. i would imagine it could be adusted back.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

sorry about delay in replying.when the dipper was been extended it used to labour engine badly.everything else grand.the temp guage would go up to max after an hour working. a mechanic advised adjustin pressure down. didnt use pressure clocks just kept going until labouring quit.was just wondering had anyone any problem similar. its an Fh130.3. i would imagine it could be adusted back.

The most likely thing I'd be thinking is the regulator on the top of the pump,or else distributor seals are gone.Easy way to check if it's the regulator.You'll have to turn the pump back to where it was,on the regulator there is two pipes coming into it.Reverse the pipes and see does it reverse your problem.If it does you'll know,if it doesn't the next place I'd be investigating is the distributor.

Hope it all works out.:)

your right about the distributor seals.i had to do them because oil was leakin badly and it did improve trackin to one side but it still didnt totally stop it.will reverse them pipes and c how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 craffield

Hi I have hitachi FH130.3 it is slow tracking and when oil heats up tracks wont track straight, engine is labouring especially when tracking (uphill kills engine or tracks in opposite direction) and when working boom fully extended, I did seals in the pivot spool no joy anyone seen similar problems and what should i do next?

• Advertisement
Advertisement