Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The meat heads are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The meat heads are out

Strange to see them in a thread about burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The meat heads are out
    Mod: do not post on this thread again.

Do not respond to this message on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rubadub wrote: »
    Bunsen are too (not sure if they did before?)

https://www.bunsen.ie/

Me driving home with the food before it get cold

tenor.gif?itemid=8850377

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Augme

Unless you can eat then quickly or nearby I can't imagine Bunsen burgers are going to be nice if they are left sitting in a delivery bag for 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

^^^^
    This
    Burgers never travel well and chips are if anything even worse .

I suspect we are going to have to start making our own burgers for the next while.

Where could you buy a good reasonably priced mincer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where could you buy a good reasonably priced mincer
    If you don't want to fork out for another gadget that may take up space and get little use then you can just cut up meat finely yourself.

I do this with chicken fillets to make chicken burgers and they come out great, the chicken is already tender enough that you do not have to cut overly fine so its quick enough. If you just stick a fillet in a bun it is very uneven to eat, I like a good uniform burger and mix spices throughout.

I have not done it with beef but will now that I have time on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Tesco 18% fat mince is fine. Bit of oyster sauce for salt and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rubadub wrote: »
    If you don't want to fork out for another gadget that may take up space and get little use then you can just cut up meat finely yourself.

I do this with chicken fillets to make chicken burgers and they come out great, the chicken is already tender enough that you do not have to cut overly fine so its quick enough. If you just stick a fillet in a bun it is very uneven to eat, I like a good uniform burger and mix spices throughout.

I have not done it with beef but will now that I have time on my hands!

What spices do you use in a chicken burger? Any binder needed?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What spices do you use in a chicken burger? Any binder needed?
    sorry missed this. I use garlic granules, salt & pepper, "italian herbs" mix, and maybe paprika or chilli.

I have used potato starch to bind before but do not bother now. I have metal plates I use to put the meat on and squish together, I then turn it upside down and it stays stuck and place it on the pan. I do not touch it at all, the steam escaping cooks the top a bit and it seems to bind fine all on its own. If you were messing about with it then I expect it might fall apart. Tin foil could be used instead of the plate, or that thicker foil trays you get with meat or with rice from a takeaway.

Flipping is the trickier part. I sometimes use a spatula, lift the burger and turn the actual pan upside down or vertical and gently place the burger against it. If flipped like a regular burger it might break, but usually in 2 or 3 bits so no big deal, just stick it in the bun, some takeaways would have 3 bits of separate chicken in burgers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

dudara wrote: »
    BuJo burger out in Sandymount is my current favourite. Really really good.

bujosandymount-e1512986091182.jpg

Bujo doing home delivery kits. No financial connection to the place just a shout out on their behalf

https://bujo.ie/home.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

God I miss burgers*.

*And don't be a smarty pants and say I can go hunt a cow, render it down, rest the meat it in a cedar smoke house for 21 days, ground the beef and mix it with ciabatta crumbs, salt from the plains of Peru and pepper from a Zoroastrian tribe.

A burger. Cooked and served to me. I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Augme wrote: »
    Unless you can eat then quickly or nearby I can't imagine Bunsen burgers are going to be nice if they are left sitting in a delivery bag for 20 minutes.

ordered a bunsen the other night, it was delicious

chips not so great but burger was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Anywhere around Camden street that will be doing take away burgers Saturday afternoon ? I’ll be in work nearby and undoubtedly very hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

salmocab wrote: »
    Anywhere around Camden street that will be doing take away burgers Saturday afternoon ? I’ll be in work nearby and undoubtedly very hungry

Bunsen on Wexford Street.

Passenger wrote: »
    Bunsen on Wexford Street.

Cheers, close by me. Do I need to ring ahead or anything or just drop in order and loiter outside?

salmocab wrote: »
    Cheers, close by me. Do I need to ring ahead or anything or just drop in order and loiter outside?

I haven't ordered from that location to be honest but give them a bell first, just to be safe. They are definitely doing collection though according to their social media.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

humberklog wrote: »
    God I miss burgers*.

*And don't be a smarty pants and say I can go hunt a cow, render it down, rest the meat it in a cedar smoke house for 21 days, ground the beef and mix it with ciabatta crumbs, salt from the plains of Peru and pepper from a Zoroastrian tribe.

A burger. Cooked and served to me. I miss it.

Can't bate something hot and handed to you, preferably with a beer :rolleyes: If I have to wash one more dish...

Bunsen is definitely on my post-isolation hit list! Homemade burgers are nice, but they're just not the same.

I haven't ordered from that location to be honest but give them a bell first, just to be safe. They are definitely doing collection though according to their social media.

Cheers I’ll do that.

Twee. wrote: »
    Can't bate something hot and handed to you, preferably with a beer :rolleyes: If I have to wash one more dish...

Bunsen is definitely on my post-isolation hit list! Homemade burgers are nice, but they're just not the same.
    Have you checked the burger thread in the food forum? there was a link in this thread.

There are videos of them making burgers in various takeaways on youtube, I have seen a few bunsen videos and they show their cooking methods which make a huge difference, it might not be identical but certainly makes a huge difference compared to the typical homemade burgers I have been served up over the years. e.g. bunsen use the smash technique to some degree, and steam the upper bun. Its very easy to turn a 5/10 burger into a 9/10 burger at home, with the exact same ingredients at hand.

Bujo do the burgers over flames on hot BBQ grills, so I would not expect to be able to replicate it with their kit, they only give the instructions if you buy the kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'd cut off a testicle with a rusty spoon if it meant I could have a Bunsen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I must try the smash method, one I have yet to try! I'll check out some videos, thanks for the tip! My homemade burgers are more GBK/Joburger style I suppose, time to evolve.

M&S have an "our best ever burger" gotta say for a chill cabinet pick up its tremendous

M&S have an "our best ever burger" gotta say for a chill cabinet pick up its tremendous

How many patty's and for how much?

How many patty's and for how much?

think it was €6
    you got two 6oz pattys

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Bujo doing home delivery kits. No financial connection to the place just a shout out on their behalf

https://bujo.ie/home.html

Thats quite clever of them really. A box of burgers for 40 euro, they'll sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Keyzer wrote: »
    I'd cut off a testicle with a rusty spoon if it meant I could have a Bunsen.
    Some of them are open and delivering via Deliveroo. Probably a better option than an orchiectomy.

Anyone know how long has Bunsen been on Dame St? And what was in that unit before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know how long has Bunsen been on Dame St? And what was in that unit before it?

About 6 months. Not sure what was there previous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that bujo place worth a visit out to sandymount?

Advertisement