Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Motor bike Helmet - where to get one in Dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Because magic fairies hand deliver them to brick and mortar shops?

You can tell by the conditions of the box its been shipped in and its own box if its been hopped or bounced around. If it arrives with clearly damaged box you raise a complaint send it back a lot will waive the courier return fee of its clear it was mishandled during delivery.

I don't agree with trying on and walking out but I'm not going to pay an extra €100 for the exact same lid or in my lids case €150.

The magic faries deliver them in a crate, which is designed to manage the knocks and bumps of transport. They are packaged usually in light cardboard boxes, for display purposes. This box is not designed for transport. Some dealers will put your helmet box inside another box, which has styrobeads, or shreaded paper, to take the shock.
    Bit late finding out your seller didn't do that after you forked out a weeks wages, and you have to pay to send it back and they say how do we know you didnt do that when you got it etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Dohvolle wrote: »
    The magic faries deliver them in a crate, which is designed to manage the knocks and bumps of transport. They are packaged usually in light cardboard boxes, for display purposes. This box is not designed for transport. Some dealers will put your helmet box inside another box, which has styrobeads, or shreaded paper, to take the shock.
    Bit late finding out your seller didn't do that after you forked out a weeks wages, and you have to pay to send it back and they say how do we know you didnt do that when you got it etc...

Think ya might need to look into online selling laws bud.
    With many mates and family members in warehouse, haulage and deliveries I can promise you not all of them are shipped in wooden crates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭emo72

"Rip off merchant". I don't know how anyone runs a retail business in ireland. The amount of overheads and compulsory costs and insurances would scare you ****less. Even waste disposal is expensive, and electricity. It's madness. And God help you trying to make a bit of profit to cover the overheads. You'll be labeled a rip off merchant. It's not really fair.

emo72 wrote: »
    "Rip off merchant". I don't know how anyone runs a retail business in ireland. The amount of overheads and compulsory costs and insurances would scare you ****less. Even waste disposal is expensive, and electricity. It's madness. And God help you trying to make a bit of profit to cover the overheads. You'll be labeled a rip off merchant. It's not really fair.

I'd never label them rip off merchants on lids, simple fact is we charge vat on them where as the likes of Germany don't. Of course they have to cover costs and make a profit, but with the way modern consumers shop especially with ease of ordering and receiving in a week or less for far less the competition is too strong for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

ForthrightForcefulHoiho-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

I'd never label them rip off merchants on lids, simple fact is we charge vat on them where as the likes of Germany don't. Of course they have to cover costs and make a profit, but with the way modern consumers shop especially with ease of ordering and receiving in a week or less for far less the competition is too strong for most.

The VAT is a rip off! This petition will probably go nowhere with the Government of this country as MAG have been chasing it for years but it's possibly worth another shot?

http://chng.it/bc9QvDFtKR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

blade1 wrote: »
    I've said it here before but sign up for free PayPal returns.
    You get 12 free returns a year up to €30 per return.
    I'm after sending back 3 items by registered post in the last 2 weeks which would have cost me a total of €64.

Goddamn I didn't know that and its free too!!

Just signed up for it on my paypal account

Link

1. Return your item
    Follow the seller’s return instructions for your purchase. Remember to keep a copy of your return shipping receipt.

2. Submit a Refund Request
    Log into your PayPal account, select the purchase you returned and click on “Request return shipping refund”. Submit the return shipping request form, along with proof of your return within 30 days.

3. Receive your refund
    If your claim is approved we’ll send a refund of up to €30 to your PayPal account within 10 business days.*

Cheers dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Goddamn I didn't know that and its free too!!

Just signed up for it on my paypal account

Link

1. Return your item
    Follow the seller’s return instructions for your purchase. Remember to keep a copy of your return shipping receipt.

2. Submit a Refund Request
    Log into your PayPal account, select the purchase you returned and click on “Request return shipping refund”. Submit the return shipping request form, along with proof of your return within 30 days.

3. Receive your refund
    If your claim is approved we’ll send a refund of up to €30 to your PayPal account within 10 business days.*

Cheers dude

Yep, here's the last one I did last week.
    Takes some of the risk away from ordering online.

Screenshot-20201121-065718-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Ah the good aul helmet debate is alive n kicking..
    Dont buy online,this shop is sh!t,that brand is crap.
    This sort of thread never gets old........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

So what’s your opinion?

• Advertisement

So what’s your opinion?

I buy a helmet I like,and that fits correctly,or get it custom fitted to suit.
    I check out the various types of tints for the visor available,and buy them.
    I put the helmet on my head,and I go off biking.
    Simples......

I buy a helmet I like,and that fits correctly,or get it custom fitted to suit.
    I check out the various types of tints for the visor available,and buy them.
    I put the helmet on my head,and I go off biking.
    Simples......

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I don't agree with trying on and walking out but I'm not going to pay an extra €100 for the exact same lid or in my lids case €150.

That's fine, I'd be all for saving the €100/€150 too: but you can't expect the local shop to facilitate you giving the business to someone else.

I buy stuff online all the time, and I'm even looking at a car atmo - but I honestly won't go into the local dealer to test drive his because he has a demo car available, when I'm honestly not going to buy (his).

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

You forgot about myths and misinformation.

You forgot about myths and misinformation.

Aka....all the sh!t talk and bolloxoligy.....:pac:

galwaytt wrote: »
    That's fine, I'd be all for saving the €100/€150 too: but you can't expect the local shop to facilitate you giving the business to someone else.

I buy stuff online all the time, and I'm even looking at a car atmo - but I honestly won't go into the local dealer to test drive his because he has a demo car available, when I'm honestly not going to buy (his).

I've never tried anything bike gear related on in a shop
    I measure my head to manufacturer spec and look to what shape it suits and read reviews. Couldn't be a$sed going into try on helmets to then go home and order it

Anyway some shops are now "by appointment only".
    You cant just rock up and walk in.
    Crossans are operating that way for the moment.

534028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,570 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyway some shops are now "by appointment only".
    You cant just rock up and walk in.
    Crossans are operating that way for the moment.

All shops.

It's level 5.

listermint wrote: »
    All shops.

It's level 5.

Eh not at all.
    You can just walk in to a bike shop (with facemask) in Dublin and look around.
    Did it earlier on in 3 of them

Eh not at all.
    You can just walk in to a bike shop (with facemask) in Dublin and look around.
    Did it earlier on in 3 of them

Should be closed sans the service or parts department.

• Advertisement

I was getting service parts.
    Ah here listen,stop your complaining and go off on your bike somewhere for a spin instead.
    Might do ya some good,instead of being on here complaining......lol.

I was getting service parts.
    Ah here listen,stop your complaining and go off on your bike somewhere for a spin instead.
    Might do ya some good,instead of being on here complaining......lol.

Errr no one was questioning why you were there ya pleb. Just saying the shops should have been closed under the restrictions.
    .I suggest you chill out no one including me cares where you go or why . Vrroom vrrroom

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They are selling PPE so they can be open.

I could buy shot glasses in Tesco earlier if I wanted. Was in a Euro type shop the other day selling party banners and all the toys still on sale. They definitely aren't essential.

Errr no one was questioning why you were there ya pleb. Just saying the shops should have been closed under the restrictions.
    .I suggest you chill out no one including me cares where you go or why . Vrroom vrrroom

<SNIP> Any more of that and you'll be banned <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

This always happens in threads like these :pac:

7sTcNGZ.jpg

I suggest you get your facts correct 1st,before posting.
    You ain't got a clue.
    Go off for a spin or have a w@nk instead.
    You are probably more used to w@nking than motorbiking anyways.

I've had a think about it and I think your best off looking at pictures of kittens on Instagram, in all in anyways.. ..

Might help your mood.

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are selling PPE so they can be open.

I could buy shot glasses in Tesco earlier if I wanted. Was in a Euro type shop the other day selling party banners and all the toys still on sale. They definitely aren't essential.

Makes sense.

Shame PPE doesn't mean vat free. Is this the same EU wide I wonder.

I've had a think about it and I think your best off looking at pictures of kittens on Instagram, in all in anyways.. ..

Might help your mood.

Jesus fookin wept,that's lamest reply ever...lmao.
    You got your level 5 "facts" wrong,but now you have been corrected with the "real facts".
    So now that you know that,you can go out and enjoy cracking the throttle open,or cracking 1 off instead.

And by all means why dont you post a pic of the 1st option too,seen as you are a biker.

Jesus fookin wept,that's lamest reply ever...lmao.
    You got your level 5 "facts" wrong,but now you have been corrected with the "real facts".
    So now that you know that,you can go out and enjoy cracking the throttle open,or cracking 1 off instead.

And by all means why dont you post a pic of the 1st option too,seen as you are a biker.

Im not a biker now ? knock yourself out there you can look back through my post history here of changing the valve clearance spec on my 650, refurbishing my front shocks and rebuilding the front and rear brake calipers and swapping out and updating the rear shocks plus replacing the head bearing . And thats only in the last 18 months.

But sure japfati or whatever your name is calling people **** on the internet for lols.

Fanny off somewhere you spanner and take some pictures of puppies or something you might get your kick out of that.

• Advertisement

Posting from mobile so can anyone reading please use your imagination and picture Ron Burgundy saying “Wow, that escalated quickly”

Advertisement