Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Can't say I'm a huge fan.

The chipper next to my apartment does them.. haven't tried them there yet... Bull and Castle goes a tad fancy with them really..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't say I'm a huge fan.

Your waistline thanks you!

I haven't had one since the seashell closed down on Townsend street. Probably a good thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Right so I think we have a venue. Any ideas when?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

How does Friday the 5th of March sound?

Also, anyone going to the Peter Molyneux talk on Thursday?

http://www.jdiff.com/index.php/news/story/gaming_forum_at_jdiff_2010_-_cinema_controller/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry for missing most of this thread and not having the time to go back over every post, where is this to be on?
    Will it be a seething mass of unwashed males wearing an assortment of Sega and Nintendo t-shirts?
    Will it be drinks only or will a selection of red and green herbs be available too? What are ye buyin' ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Where: Bull & Castle I think
    Unwashed males: Possibly
    Drinks: Yes
    Green & Red Herbs: Only if someone get's hurt.
    What I am buying: No idea.

Suggestion: We could make it a day thing where we go shopping (sudden realisation that finding something cool will result in a brawl SSB style) then go get some foodz and whatnot. *Peoples schedules permitting

Master of the Universe

Suggestion: We could make it a day thing where we go shopping (sudden realisation that finding something cool will result in a brawl SSB style) then go get some foodz and whatnot. *Peoples schedules permitting

I think the only problem with that would be a lack of places to buy retro stuff. Unless of course we all go on a charity shop crawl...case of beers in tow :D

I suppose maybe just stick to a bar for the first one. After that if we all get on (and there aren't any absolute freak nutbags in reality) we can organize something else. Maybe even a night in a house with games, consoles and shiny things.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think the only problem with that would be a lack of places to buy retro stuff. Unless of course we all go on a charity shop crawl...case of beers in tow :D

I suppose maybe just stick to a bar for the first one. After that if we all get on (and there aren't any absolute freak nutbags in reality) we can organize something else. Maybe even a night in a house with games, consoles and shiny things.

I was thinking along the lines of Charity shopping.

Yeah suppose, I mean I'm not a freak nutbag no no no...ahem.

Master of the Universe

I think several old ladies may die in a scuffle if we go charity shop hunting as a group. It would be one very odd news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wish i lived in dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

How does Friday the 5th of March sound?
    Believe it or not I'm actually going out into town that night </3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you are going out with girls bring them down. We'll look after them ;)

Just as long as they're female girls :)

Master of the Universe

Just as long as they're female girls :)

Curse those male girls, they get me every time :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you are going out with girls bring them down. We'll look after them ;)
    Awh how cute, you think I have female friends.
    Actually I'm the only girl in the group going, as usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well if we go on the 5th then there won't be a female presence it seems. I still trying to find the right moment to break the news to my girlfriend that I'm a massive nerd so bringing her to this is not a good idea. Also I don't trust you guys around her :P

Master of the Universe

Well if we go on the 5th then there won't be a female presence it seems. I still trying to find the right moment to break the news to my girlfriend that I'm a massive nerd so bringing her to this is not a good idea. Also I don't trust you guys around her :P

How the hell has she not found out by now?! Have you been shoving your games under the couch when she comes over?

I could bring my girlfriend along to keep her company. We could have a WAGONS table (Wives and Girlfriends of Nerds). :D

Although no, that's a bad bad idea. They could all start plotting as to how they're going to get all this junk out of their houses!

Well she hasn't seen the shrine yet, managed to avoid it the last few times she was down and it's too much effort going all the way out to where I live. She knows I go to street fighter meet ups though and I did have her play SF4 with me once but that was well before we were going out. Even got her to play as her national character :D She knows I'm a nerd but just not the magnitude yet.

Master of the Universe

Hah! did you let her win at SF IV? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Of corse he didnt! He beat her perfect 5 times in a row just to show how much he liked her!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

_42478587_fatherjack.jpg

GIRLS!

She knows I'm a nerd but just not the magnitude yet.

like me when was asked by rg mag to send a pic of meself playing "beach head" on c64,to which i turned down due to shock of fam/friends seeing my pic in mag!.

Fred83 wrote: »
    like me when was asked by rg mag to send a pic of meself playing "beach head" on c64,to which i turned down due to shock of fam/friends seeing my pic in mag!.

Do most of your family read RG? 'Cos that would be cool if they did :)

I still trying to find the right moment to break the news to my girlfriend that I'm a massive nerd so bringing her to this is not a good idea.
    Do you think she'd think it'd a bad thing?
    Jesus I couldn't go near someone who wasn't a nerd <3

no only me reads it,but always have be careful,living in a small town..

Sera wrote: »

milhouse.gif

Sera wrote: »

Guy interested in Sera: "So umm... I was wondering, maybe if you would like to go on a date?"
    Sera: "Hmm, what's your favourite JRPG?"
    Guy: "Oh they're pictures on your computer right? (thinking of JPEG)"
    Sear: "Err yeeeeah...." *backs away slowly*

Fred83 wrote: »
    Amm, hmm, not that far or Screech from SBTB *shudder*
    More like Angry Video Game Nerd <3

are you into role playing?,
    yes i am,lets play world of warcraft..

• Advertisement

Guy interested in Sera: "So umm... I was wondering, maybe if you would like to go on a date?"
    Sera: "Hmm, what's your favourite JRPG?"
    Guy: "Oh they're pictures on your computer right? (thinking of JPEG)"
    Sear: "Err yeeeeah...." *backs away slowly*
    I'd knock him him, seriously, but I rarely get asked that so I might settle for less lol XD

Advertisement