Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options
  • 19-01-2013 8:54pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can someone look at this with unbiased eyes?

United to win - 6/4
    United DNB - 4/6
    RVP to score and United to win - 3.5/1

I know Spurs are the one team to beat United so far this season, but if anything, that might add incentive to United to go nuts and go for a big win...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I think United will drop points tomorrow. Nothing more than a feeling though. I might throw a fiver on two draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Can someone look at this with unbiased eyes?

United to win - 6/4
    United DNB - 4/6
    RVP to score and United to win - 3.5/1

I know Spurs are the one team to beat United so far this season, but if anything, that might add incentive to United to go nuts and go for a big win...

4/6 DNB looks good to me. United have a very strong record at WHL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

As a United fan, I'm always confident against Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    FC Groningen v FC Utrecht
    FC Groningen: Kieftenbeld
    FC Utrecht: van der Gun, Nilsson, Oar, Bulthuis, Mulenga
    pick 1X

AFC Ajax v Feyenoord
    AFC Ajax: Sigthórsson, Klaassen
    Feyenoord: Cissé, Kongolo, Verhoek, Immers, Schaken
    pick 1

Chievo Verona v Parma FC
    Chievo Verona: Frey (9/0 d), Dramé (12/0 d), Luciano (12/1 m), Hetemaj (17/0 m), Cesar (11/0 d)
    Parma FC: Galloppa (7/1 m) (doubtful)
    pick X2

AS Roma v Inter Milano
    AS Roma: Osvaldo (14/10 f), Stekelenburg (9/0 g) (both doubtful), Romagnoli (1/0 d)
    Inter Milano: Stankovic (0/0 m), Castellazzi (2/0 g), Alvarez (9/0 m), Samuel (13/1 d), Milito (19/8 f), Cassano (18/5 f), Coutinho (10/1 m)
    pick 1

Rio Ave v Vitória Guimarães
    Rio Ave: -
    Vitória Guimarães: Olímpio (12/0 m), Dinis (0/0 m), André (13/1 m), Addy (11/1 d), N'Diaye (9/1 d), El Adoua (12/0 d), Soudani (8/2 f)
    pick 1

Trabzonspor v Kardemir Karabükspor
    Trabzonspor: Zengin (4/0 g), Kaçar (9/0 d), Zokora (15/0 m), Bamba (11/0 d)
    Kardemir Karabükspor: Ünal (1/0 f), Uçar (3/0 d), Shelton (10/3 f), Söylemezgiller (9/0 m), Hamroun (9/0 m), Seric (14/0 d), Lua Lua (15/5 f), Mabiala (16/0 d)
    pick 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tip74 wrote: »

AFC Ajax v Feyenoord
    AFC Ajax: Sigthórsson, Klaassen
    Feyenoord: Cissé, Kongolo, Verhoek, Immers, Schaken
    pick 1

Immers and Schaken are both doubtful but i expect at least Immers to play.
    Sightorson could make the bench for Ajax.

Wont argue the "pick 1" too much. Feyenoord hasnt won there since Kuyt left.
    But having seen the results of PSV,Twente and Vitesse both teams could both be happy with a draw.

Match is played without Feyenoord supporters.

Since Feyenoord was forced, due to financial problems, to start playing a lot of youngsters the H2H is quite favourable. 1win, 2 draws in the last 3 H2H.
    Most of the youngsters are used to win against Ajax from their time in the youth competitions.

Ajax had their training week in Rio last week. We have seen what a week of 2 travels and training in a complete different climate can do to you, just ask PSV.
    Feyenoord spent their week in Marbella. Short trip, same time zone, just better weather than in Holland.

Of course i am biased as hell but i can see this ending 1-1 like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

tip74 wrote: »
    Rio Ave v Vitória Guimarães
    Rio Ave: -
    Vitória Guimarães: Olímpio (12/0 m), Dinis (0/0 m), André (13/1 m), Addy (11/1 d), N'Diaye (9/1 d), El Adoua (12/0 d), Soudani (8/2 f)
    pick 1

Bebe hat-trick 40/1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The odds on PSG rose significantly the past couple of days and today they've gone from 2.00 to 2.15, so the bookies really think they won't win...

Bordeaux usually play 5-3-2/3-5-2 so they won't have to switch to a 5-man defense like all the teams that play vs PSG since they already play that way, it should be a big advantage for them.

Thiago Silva and Alex are out for PSG which means the central defense will be Sakho-Camara... Camara is TERRIBLE so there's a slight chance Bordeaux can score tonight. Also a member of the PSG staff (the dietician) died this week and it might affect some of the players.

I've gone for a small bet on 0-0 @ 6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

For anyone considering betting on Chelsea, Fernando Torres is starting up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

ConorCBS wrote: »
    For anyone considering betting on Chelsea, Fernando Torres is starting up front.

Which convinces me into Stan James's Utd Spurs to have more goals than arsenal chelsea @ 2.2

United have had three games against the top 6 end 3-2 already.

Torres and Giroud aren't exactly prolific right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

A trible for later that looks good is
    Athletico Madrid ( excellent at home all season)
    Braga
    Fernabache
    Comes in at around 6/4

I'm taking the overs in both premiership games today in a double and maybe singles in running if there is no goals by 15 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

ConorCBS wrote: »

That ends my pre game interest in Chelsea today then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

5.5 pts. profits yesterday so going to play that up and go a little wild on the Spurs-Utd. game

Away win 5 pts. @ 7/5
    Utd/Utd 2 pts. @ 11/4
    Spurs/Utd 0.5 pts. @ 22/1
    RVP 1-2 s/cast 0.5 pts. @ 22/1
    1-2 scoreline 1 pt. @ 8/1
    2-3 s/line 0.5 pts. @ 22/1
    Utd. to come from behind and win 0.5 pts. 10/1

All bets with PP..better prices available but am going back to the old betting cash across counter method and there's nothing else within range...I know, I know. I still think the 7/5 represents a good price. Spurs in a bit of form but their last few wins have been against poor sides in fairness and United's current form and record against them speaks for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Small accum for today.

Roma
    Athleico Madrid -1
    Valencia

Went with United to win and a separate RVP Wincast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Have a strange feeling Welbeck will score so backing him anytime at 11/5. The wincast is value too at 4/1 but I've already done the RVP wincast at 11/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Tottenham Hotspurs line-up : Lloris; Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Bale, Dempsey; Defoe

Man United team today : De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Cleverley, Kagawa, van Persie & Welbeck #MUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

rvp wincast 3s and evra wincast at 22s betfred

defoe to score utd to win 12/1 pp shop

one of their other ones was mata and walc to score 10s
    needless to say i let that one go
    defoe is useless but he might nick one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Spurs -1 corner looks like great value. 23/20 on William Hill. With Bale and Lennon on the wings they are sure to rack them up. Expect United to play pretty narrow so I like this one to come in. Gonna have a bit on -2 and -3 as well but -1 is the big one.

Phil Jones to receive a card @ 3/1 also looks good as he is playing in the middle of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Tottenham v Man Utd
    Over 12 Corners 6/4
    RVP Wincast 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

shrewdness wrote: »
    Have a strange feeling Welbeck will score so backing him anytime at 11/5. The wincast is value too at 4/1 but I've already done the RVP wincast at 11/4.

Looking at 1st goal scorers earlier and got a feeling he'd score. 7/1 in PP. Didn't back it though.

magherakid wrote: »
    Tottenham v Man Utd
    Over 12 Corners 6/4
    RVP Wincast 3/1

On the RVP wincast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Anyone on the RVP wincast 3/1 with William Hill what was the max you got on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

magherakid wrote: »
    Anyone on the RVP wincast 3/1 with William Hill what was the max you got on for?

Got on at 6.6/1 with betfair. Very small bet, but just trying to build a kitty for myself to play off first.

893515-120201364833pm.png

On the RVP wincast too.

And the wait goes on for my first win in 5 months.

****. ****. ****.

**** IT ANYWAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well, **** you , Spurs, just **** you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I need to go for a walk to cool down and for my boyles account to be disabled for a while because after that finish I may well go on tilt and lose all my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Spurs -1 corner looks like great value. 23/20 on William Hill. With Bale and Lennon on the wings they are sure to rack them up. Expect United to play pretty narrow so I like this one to come in. Gonna have a bit on -2 and -3 as well but -1 is the big one.

Phil Jones to receive a card @ 3/1 also looks good as he is playing in the middle of the park.

Well whatta ya know! All 3 come in as the corner count ended 9-4 to Spurs :D

Lovely jubbly

Phil Jones escaped a card tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Soldado looks way overpriced @ 13/8 anytime tonight especially as Madrid will have a makeshift defence out. 10 on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement