Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LCD screen leak!

• 03-02-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

The LCD screen on my toshiba laptop has leaked, there must be a crack inside it and it isn't working.
    It was purchased in pc world. Would it be possible that this is covered under a guarantee?
    I doubt that it will be,however, and i am told it will need a new screen.
    A laptop repair shop said they would have to order in a new screen.
    The laptop is only a few months old. What is the best way to go about this? Should I bring it back to pc world?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

unless your warranty covers accidental damage your broken screen won't be covered. You would have had to pay extra for accidental damage cover when you bought it.

A repair shop will probably charge around 200 euro including labour to replace it, depending on the size of the screen.

I think i saw someone on the for sale section of adverts.ie advertising to do it for about 160, so you could take a look there.

Regards

XDA
    grace-m7 wrote: »
    The LCD screen on my toshiba laptop has leaked, there must be a crack inside it and it isn't working.
    It was purchased in pc world. Would it be possible that this is covered under a guarantee?
    I doubt that it will be,however, and i am told it will need a new screen.
    A laptop repair shop said they would have to order in a new screen.
    The laptop is only a few months old. What is the best way to go about this? Should I bring it back to pc world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You have a good chance of purchasing a genuine or spurious replacement on Ebay if you do search. I busted the screen on my 9" EEEPC got quoted more than half the price of the laptop to get it repaired in Dublin. I got the replacement on Ebay from this site for e80 and fitted it myself in 15 minutes. The new screen is glossy and is far Superior to the original.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lcds4u

Advertisement