Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Re-opening of the Nocturnal Library

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I have to admit I haven't really been keeping up with comics much lately. I'm about three GNs behind in Hellboy, which to me is a disgrace :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I have to admit I haven't really been keeping up with comics much lately. I'm about three GNs behind in Hellboy, which to me is a disgrace :pac:
    Much the same, sal. Local bookstore is very good at keeping up with GNs that are getting good reviews so that helps. :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

I just can't bring myself to pay €20 in a bookshop when I can get the same thing on Amazon for €10 or less. Problem is my credit card is dead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Tearing through the Hunger Games books. Started just over a week ago and nearly finished the last one. They're really good, nowhere near as teen-oriented as I thought.

Currently reading some Sherlock Holmes stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

i'm on Game of Thrones book 5

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'm currently burning through the latest round of books in the 1632 series

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

[IMG][/img]20140115_093743_zpsfasc6ung.jpg

[IMG][/img]20140115_094148_zpsugclctu1.jpg

Look what I spotted in water stones :cool: the next two books im gonna read :cool:

Waterstones is still open in Cork??!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aye tis sc :) still on patricks st :cool:

There was a crazy man in there last week giving out to the owners, he said he didnt like the way your man looked at him lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

The ocean at the end of the lane is a lovely book :)

Aye tis sc :) still on patricks st :cool:

I miss Waterstones :(
    liliq wrote: »

Haven't read it yet, but I've read everything else he's ever written. American Gods (and Sandman obviously) is one of my favourites.

Purposely avoiding for as long as possible so I still have new Gaiman material to read :P

Should be good for a few months as the "to read" pile still has a bit left in it.

288894.jpg

:P

Have you read any of the new Sandman comic Koth?

I got the first issue, but then remembered I stopped collecting comics cos of all the feckin' ads, so I'm just gonna wait for the GN now.

Have you read any of the new Sandman comic Koth?

I got the first issue, but then remembered I stopped collecting comics cos of all the feckin' ads, so I'm just gonna wait for the GN now.

There's only the first issue out, think issue two won't be out until next month at the earliest.

Haven't read it as I'm not near a comic store and still haven't really got to grips to comixology (which is a good thing for my wallet:pac:)

Hearing great things about the first issue though :)

Yeah, it was savage. Probably the best artwork of all the Sandman artists, great story too.

Unsurprising to hear the second issue was delayed though :pac:

SW can I come over and organise your books?

Sorted by genre then arranged alphabetically by the author's last name

SW can I come over and organise your books?

Sorted by genre then arranged alphabetically by the author's last name

:D:pac:

SW wrote: »
    Purposely avoiding for as long as possible so I still have new Gaiman material to read :P

Should be good for a few months as the "to read" pile still has a bit left in it.

:P

I really need to read more of his stuff, I have a few books here, and himself has American gods etc. been on to me to read them since we met!

My to read pile is just growing and growing :/ kindle hasn't helped that at all! Inherited about 50/60 books from a friend that moved to shanghai that I've barely scratched the surface of.

• Advertisement

Interesting.............

Only 89 pages left in the wise man's fear :(

Only 89 pages left in the wise man's fear :(

I'm guessing you're enjoying it then?
    I need more hours to read!

Crawling through The Courage Tree...

I'm guessing you're enjoying it then?
    I need more hours to read!

Crawling through The Courage Tree...

Yes its really good,can't wait for book 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ordered in a book in a local shop, should be getting it soon:
    Malodrax.jpg

I read Gone Girl last week, thought it was great. Not sure what genre I'd class it in, a little bit crime, a little bit psychological thriller. I just thought the characters were so interesting, and a really good plot.

This week I have started Maze Runner, about a 5th of the way through now, enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I literally have not picked up the drawing of the three since i started it....*hangs head in shame

If the rain doesn't stop thats what im gonna do today

Edit: yeah I didnt even touch it today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

What's people's "page per minute rate" when reading books?

I know it depends on the size of the page/text - for me, it's looking like 40 pages per hour but the books I tend to read are usually small print - any other suggestions/contributions? :)

• Advertisement

No notion!
    I know I read fairly quickly but I've no idea what that translates into?!

Advertisement