Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IRELAND ITS GEOGRAPHY MAY EXPLAIN ITS HISTORY !

• 11-07-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi I'm not Irish but I love the Irish people in the historical sense that is to say, Irish-born this throughout their history.

And a story threaded my mind . That’s why the Irish people were one of the few on earth that has never been under the yoke of a foreign sovereign? Yes I know there was the Viking invasion, the Norman domination and then the British colonization attemps, but this has never been done without a fierce, constant resistance and irrational resistance of the people of Ireland.

After several years of research, I think I have found an explanation (It’s worth what it is worth ) and I would like to share with you and get your opinion.
    Back in immemorial area, wars, invasions, and the will of domination were the lots of most the people through the ages and space.

Why this people which is though backward with ancient manners had refuse you always to abide and dissolve in its powerfuls neighbors ?
    Well the explanation is its geographical position.

You know that astronomers nowadays before seeking an exo-planet where life could develop a priori considers its distance from its star as a fundamental criterion. If the planet is too close there would glaciation of water if instead it is too far there will be evaporation of liquid water no life be possible.

My theory is that Ireland is not at ideal distance from potential power. It is too close to the UK for to justify a mass migration in order to make indigenous population in minorities and to dissolve completely. The game was not worth the candle and after the conquest of Cromwell for example we witness the raising of absentee landlords and the Scots immigration were so tiny to overcome the hostility of Irish .

If Ireland let say were at the Açores the Britishs would have migrated permanently in large numbers.

That is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Sorry but other than the mention of history in the title I don't feel this thread will engage a historical discussion. It may be better suited in a different forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement