Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If I payed the seller the money over paypal and he said he would post it but he did'nt what could I do.
    Can you let me know what the ad was or which user - pm me if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

Can I get a thread locked? I've relisted it as for sale only (original ad was for trade or sale)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133918&page=2

Thanks guys,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Robabob wrote: »
    Can I get a thread locked? I've relisted it as for sale only (original ad was for trade or sale)

Thanks guys,

Rob
    closed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭glanzaboy21

can u close this as i have changed mind http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056132953

Robabob wrote: »

Thanks guys,

Rob
    can u close this as i have changed mind http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056132953

this is not the place for these requests, in the future pm a mod, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭glanzaboy21

tanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

thermo wrote: »
    closed that for you.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aaron byrne3

i have a question regarding a ban. if my mate is banned and he is in the middle of selling an item can i send that person a privite messege who he is selling the item to and tell him that the deal is still to go ahead??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

i have a question regarding a ban. if my mate is banned and he is in the middle of selling an item can i send that person a privite messege who he is selling the item to and tell him that the deal is still to go ahead??
    No, that would constitute using your account to evade a ban and under site policy could land you with a siteban.

On the subject of closing threads, we won't be doing this by request any more. The reason is that if the buyer has any post-deal issue that they need to discuss with the seller then they should do so in the thread where they bought. This also benefits other users when they are searching for previous deals by someone.

In future, either report your ad or pm a mod and we'll edit [SOLD] into the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Hi Steve, i posted a question on a advert thread, should have posted it here.....sorry. Can you clear it up for me please? As i said, just for my own peace of mind so not to be in offence myself sometime. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Hey guys, wondering if posting a thread for a certain type of gun is ok (eg looking for a sniper rifle with this budget), but just to see whats available, in other words no definite guarantee that a purchase will come out of the offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Hey guys, wondering if posting a thread for a certain type of gun is ok (eg looking for a sniper rifle with this budget), but just to see whats available, in other words no definite guarantee that a purchase will come out of the offers?

Then it would be a gauging of intrest thread?
    Taken from the charter.
    9.No interest tests / price checks - you are either selling the item or not. These threads have been shown to cause problems in the past and will be immediately locked and binned.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy

Just saw the interest threads in the charter rules, thanks Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Is it allowed to link to your advert on boards from another site such as facebook or twitter so long as all dealing occurs within your boards thread?

Is it allowed to link to your advert on boards from another site such as facebook or twitter so long as all dealing occurs within your boards thread?
    No problem there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

if we see a user offering a price for an item, can we post a reply out-bidding the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

For example if the asking is a 100 then someone offered 80 you can still offer the asking price on the item as its not bidding.

Or if you offer asking of 100 and someone else said. I'll give you 120 for it then its bidding. Thats when we ask you to report the post :)

Just wondering one thing, what would I do if I buy something here and the object condition has been lied about even though pictures have been shown of an item, just not the actual item that person will be sending.

e.g.

Me:"looking for ACOG sight"

Seller:"Have one here mate, 50 euro, nothing wrong with it, in perfect condition"

Me:"Deal"

When I receive it I see that the screen has been scratched and chipped and or cracked badly and the reticle is ultra dim and barely visible, overall its in poor condition and un-skirmishable

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Just wondering one thing, what would I do if I buy something here and the object condition has been lied about even though pictures have been shown of an item, just not the actual item that person will be sending.

e.g.

Me:"looking for ACOG sight"

Seller:"Have one here mate, 50 euro, nothing wrong with it, in perfect condition"

Me:"Deal"

When I receive it I see that the screen has been scratched and chipped and or cracked badly and the reticle is ultra dim and barely visible, overall its in poor condition and un-skirmishable

did you contact the seller? how did you pay for the item? if you payed through paypal you can open a dispute with them and try and recover your money that way. could you post a link to the thread in question?

Nah its ok Thermo, its a hypothetical thought, im gonna be opening an advert for some optics I just want to know what I can do just incase this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

I want to ask something that might not be airsoft related, its about cnc/steel machining if anyone knows someone who can, but the part to be machined is airsoft related is that ok to be posted??

gian wrote: »
    I want to ask something that might not be airsoft related, its about cnc/steel machining if anyone knows someone who can, but the part to be machined is airsoft related is that ok to be posted??

That's been done in the past but the thread was put in airsoft questions or airsoft technical I can't remember which.

You could also ask in the engineering forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=431

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

Thanks lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Hello ,I'm looking to buy an auto pistol ,preferably an 18c or similar glock.
    Any online retailers seem to be out of stock ,is it ok to start a Wanted thread directed at retailers who could pm me ?
    I'd buy secondhand also from a member of the forum.

Thanks.

Hi yoshytoshy.

No, this forum is for non-commercial sales only.

Best bet is to contact one one the retailers in the Airsoft Retailers forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Sleepershark

Hi, I was wondering what is the consequences of someone posting up an Item, Aeg, airsoft sniper etc for sale. They get offered asking, offer is accepted, on to PM's. In PM's the Buyer tries to arrange a meeting to pick up the Item, The seller starts with the excuses why they can't meet. The buyer offers to drive to the sellers front door. The seller is all of a sudden away till next week. The Week passes no word from the seller. The buyer sends several messages with no reply even though the seller is online and still posting on other threads. Finally 8 days after offer was accepted the seller asks when can the buyer meet. Buyer says next day name time and place. No reply from seller. Several messages more from buyer and Seller now replies that he is sorry but he now is going to keep the Item and If the buyer really wants one the local shop sells the Item.

It appears to me that the Seller never had any intention of selling the Item and wasted a week of the buyers time, not to mention damaging the credability of this fourm as a place to buy, sell and trade airsoft items. What are the conquences for this fake seller?? Should he be made honour the deal he made? Banned from the fourm?? What are the rules reguarding a matter like this?

• Advertisement

The consequences are decided by the mods - there are no set rules as to what we do as each case is different and all facts have to be considered.

Having said that, this forum is based on the honesty of the users and anyone that is found to have wilfully acted in a dishonest manner will no longer be allowed to use it.

If you have a specific case in mind then please feel free to report a post from the thread or pm any of the mods and we'll take a look.

Advertisement