Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not too bad in Meath, fairly cloudly but when the sun comes out it does feel quite warm compared to recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Overcast this morning in cork city with some showers about, different then yesterday. About 17 degrees though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    not too bad in Meath, fairly cloudly but when the sun comes out it does feel quite warm compared to recently.
    A broken sky here yet the broken blue bits never seem to cross the sun. About 1 minute of sunshine here in total today so far.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

In fairness it’s been a warm enough few days for September with temps above 20c on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Sunny warm enjoyable afternoon Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Not a bad day at all in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Not a bad day at all in Cork

Same in wexford, it was very nice today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Overcast and misty here near Tralee for parts of the day with some light rain around midday but brighter spells in the afternoon with the sun making an appearance. Got a concrete slab poured so happy now :).

Mild enough getting up to 17.1C and curently 14.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wet wind out here; marine warning territory. Open the door if you dare.

Yesterday was lovely. I even managed a berry-picking expedition to the shore and just one shower. Warm clothes were needed on the exposed shore, but that is fine.

There was abundant blue sky and sunshine later in fresh winds..

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Woken up by some pretty loud rain last night. Heaviest I have witnessed in a while despite a high pressure reading of about 1020 hPa.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Damp and dull here this morning. Last few days have been nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Woken up by some pretty loud rain last night. Heaviest I have witnessed in a while despite a high pressure reading of about 1020 hPa.

Same around North Laois. Around 6am. Went on for over an hour. Really intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

certainly no warmth this September. Monday and Tuesday will be fairly mild but from Wednesday it turns much cooler again and we will be back into a very unsettled scene from next weekend.

It's a wet Monday in South Kildare. Is it too much to ask for a few fine days in sequence to dry out the ground after 9 months nearly solid rain since last September? There has not been 2 dry days in sequence in my area since June 1 and 2. The fine dry weather of late March, April and May has been well cancelled out now.

Like I said, the Irish climate is like a particularly sadistic loan shark if you get fine weather out of season. You pay for it later with miserable wet mucky weather. I am sick of the forecasts which predict a few days fine weather only to wake up on the so called "fine day" and see rain and grey skies again. It looks like it's going to be a dull wet September similar to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Last September was actually quite a sunny month with most of the month on the relatively dry side. It was the last 10 days that really shaked things up and skewed the monthly rainfall totals.

That middle period of September last was a godsend, bags of sunshine most days, pleasant days and comfortable nights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Emme wrote: »
    Like I said, the Irish climate is like a particularly sadistic loan shark if you get fine weather out of season. You pay for it later with miserable wet mucky weather. I am sick of the forecasts which predict a few days fine weather only to wake up on the so called "fine day" and see rain and grey skies again. It looks like it's going to be a dull wet September similar to last year.

September last year was very much in two halves, the first half was lovely while the second half was the beginning to the year long deluge with the only real breaks being early January where it did dry out a bit and then of course the Spring.

This September doesn't look great but it's not as poor as July and August just gone. This week doesn't look too bad, there will be some light rain or showers at times but nothing too heavy. The end of this month does look more unsettled and it remains to be seen how much rain we will get in the second half of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It looks like there is some more warm weather ahead of us over the coming days and weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Not a glimpse of sun today in D5. Yesterday was nice though at least. Looks like we might have some good days in the next 10 days or so, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I thought it was a decent enough day in Dublin 5 after the horrible rain cleared off this morning.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I thought it was a decent enough day in Dublin 5 after the horrible rain cleared off this morning.

It was breezy and grey slate cloud all day long. It still is!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dark wet evening here in Castlebar with heavy drizzle,low cloud ,fog etc. Miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »

Found it a standard summer 2020 sort of day... cloud, cloud, cloud.

Clear skies this evening in wexford

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Found it a standard summer 2020 sort of day... cloud, cloud, cloud.

I was thinking the same, today's gloomy and damp conditions were very similar to the 10 day spell of murky, misty low hanging muck in the first half of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Gerry is after using a great phrase this evening on Met Eireann forecast he said today the country was just 'smothered' with cloud!

That sums up what we have had to put up with in Dublin all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

17/18 degrees this evening in cork city, very strange but pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sweet silence after yesterday's tantrum.
    Although there is a certain peace lying in bed listening to the wind and rain.

Very clammy, damp, unwholesome. It will be a day to light the fire I think. West Mayo offshore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wet start early here it’s dried up now and there’s a milky sun out and it’s lovely and mild in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A dark wet evening here in Castlebar with heavy drizzle,low cloud ,fog etc. Miserable.

It's been raining as good as consistently since late Sunday night.

Greeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy in Dublin yet again. Non stop bloody grey. Sunday looks like it could be a cracker if it doesn't change by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Xenji wrote: »
    It's been raining as good as consistently since late Sunday night.

It has been grim stuff alright. Very close and humid out there also and that oppressive blanket of cloud, mist and drizzle shows little sign of lifting. A real sodden and damp feel about the place. Central Mayo.

Advertisement