Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah I missed the €1.50 one but got €1 scratch one, I shop there every couple of days so timing and luck plays a part

Definitely timing, I didnt get a scratch card on Tuesday and checked my digital receipts and was 6 minutes short of the 72 hours. Made sure it didnt happen again yesterday and got one for a euro off the next shop.

I hope they do something better with the scanners, in my store you are trying to scan the QR code blind and it took a good minute before it scanned with the till guy acting like he was guiding an airplane in for a landing, up a bit, back a bit, little bit left, no too far, down a bit, sorry the QR code is gone off the screen and then that awkward bit where you glace back at the queue all thinking that this guy is useless. Eventually it scanned but it was a lot of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

uli84 wrote: »
    I don’t but Well that’s what the shop manager told me when it didn’t work in my store, that “i must have used it already” although it was showing there and I DID NOT use it, pretty humiliating actually considering I blocked the queue for 10 minutes because of it NOT working and people were staring at me like stupid even without that comment. Didn’t know at the time it wouldn’t be there if I used it but he should (!)

Hi ya,

I had two €5 offs too, was planning on using both tomorrow with 2 shops but on my app now only one left 🙄, send an email to Lidl, you will find it under help section, last week the €1 didn't come off the cookies, mentioned it in-store but manager said to phone Lidl, sent email instead, got an apology back, nothing else, sent another to them and said it would be nice to get the refund, low and behold got €1 in treats shortly after.

The treats this week are good, so will be using them tomorrow along with dog food, ice cream and fairy, so 2 would have been super but good to get the one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

IF they are smart they will copy their competition and issue a few key chain fobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Is fiver off 25 disappearing from the app once it’s used?
    I used my first €5-off-€25-spend voucher pretty promptly (about 3 weeks ago) and a couple of days ago discovered I have a second one, expiring in 28 days. Maybe it's once a month?

Edit: scratch that, the second one has now disappeared as mysteriously as it arrived. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

OmegaGene wrote: »
    As I greet the cashier I scan the digital card and the coupons should all come off and when I’ve taken my shopping away I then check the digital receipt for the discounts, not a hope I would be holding up a queue for ten minutes and it’s no surprise people weren’t happy

Well the cashier really wanted to get it work, I wanted to go as I’m shy in those situations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Amouar

Do you have to hand the phone to the cashier in order to scan the card? I don't see any barcode scanner available to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Well the cashier really wanted to get it work, I wanted to go as I’m shy in those situations

I'd be the same but I'm less embarrassed with a mask on. Between that and glasses covering half my face i feel like I'm in incognito mode :cool:

Aside - lots of new signs at the door telling people to wear face coverings and it was good to see that the majority of people there were complying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don’t but Well that’s what the shop manager told me when it didn’t work in my store, that “i must have used it already” although it was showing there and I DID NOT use it, pretty humiliating actually considering I blocked the queue for 10 minutes because of it NOT working and people were staring at me like stupid even without that comment. Didn’t know at the time it wouldn’t be there if I used it but he should (!)

My wife’s 5 euro voucher wouldn’t work today even though it was activated and hadn’t been used, saying 12 days left before it expired. The cashier took 5 euro off the bill manually

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

this also happened to me! i feel ya

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just used mine for the first time.

Handy having all the non perishable specials on the end of one aisle. No aignage pointing out the specials so you have to remember them.

Saved on some Angus beef burgers, ribs, bananas and an impulse buy of Twix :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Muahahaha wrote: »

I hope they do something better with the scanners, in my store you are trying to scan the QR code blind and it took a good minute before it scanned with the till guy acting like he was guiding an airplane in for a landing, up a bit, back a bit, little bit left, no too far, down a bit, sorry the QR code is gone off the screen and then that awkward bit where you glace back at the queue all thinking that this guy is useless. Eventually it scanned but it was a lot of grief.

Lol. Same here. Then my phone cover got caught in the hole as I was taking it out and the lad had to do a juggling act to save it from smashing on the ground.
    He said he would rather do the scanning himself but they've been told not to handle the phones due to covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

I used all coupons fine today, but after I didn't get digital receipt, and no option to play scratch&win.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

So ya can use more than one coupon in one checkout I.e bananas, twixs etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You dont need to stick your phone in the hole to hold it up to the scanner or wait for permission to do it, just hold it up just outside the hole while they're scanning and it will see it, just like collecting Circle K freebies its actually harder if you hold it right up to the device.

tracey1098 wrote: »

Yes

Activate *everything* when you get them. Then whatever you buy will come off whenever you buy them, eg over multiple transactions

tracey1098 wrote: »

Yep, activated 4 coupons and bought them all in one transaction.

Ribs, Burgers, bananas and Twix.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I had the same happen to me and after 6 hours the card and receipt came up on the phone
    yes correct. Just got receipt, and won 1e off.

bondja80 wrote: »
    yes correct. Just got receipt, and won 1e off.

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Used 1 euro voucher this morning, won another chocolate bar (different one to yesterday) this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Probably been asked and answered before but can’t find it..

Is there a minimum spend to use the app and the discounts or freebies? I tried to redeem a free bar with a couple of euro worth of stuff, but the cashier wouldn’t let me scan my app and insisted it’s only if you spend over €25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Kh1993 wrote: »

Is there a minimum spend to use the app and the discounts or freebies? I tried to redeem a free bar with a couple of euro worth of stuff, but the cashier wouldn’t let me scan my app and insisted it’s only if you spend over €25?

Nope, I bought €6 of items and got a free chocolate bar using my voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

That's strange? The €5 off is for a spend of €25. Everything else has no limit. I redeemed the chocolate when buying just a few euros worth of stuff. You should have been allowed to scan the app.

No, cashier was wrong and if it's activated in treats it should be discounted off your bill automatically.

The only minimum spend so far has been the €5/€25 one. I "bought" my free bar with the purchase of only one other small item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Thanks, I said it was nothing to do with the 5 of 25 but she insisted and wouldn’t even let me scan. Very odd I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Thanks, I said it was nothing to do with the 5 of 25 but she insisted and wouldn’t even let me scan. Very odd I thought.

You can scan with no vouchers to pop the receipt onto your phone. I never ask the cashier any questions. I just tell them I'm going to scan and they tell me when.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I think the scratch cards will stop end of the month. The last few days when I get one before I scratch it there are “days to expiry” on them and they’ve been reducing each day (yesterday was 9, new scratch card today showed 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

PopTarts wrote: »
    I think the scratch cards will stop end of the month. The last few days when I get one before I scratch it there are “days to expiry” on them and they’ve been reducing each day (yesterday was 9, new scratch card today showed 8)

Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah that would be a pity if the scratchcards stopped. Redeemed one yesterday to get a euro off and afterwards won a hazelnut bar of chocolate for the next shop. Its been great having these little bonuses for every shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

PopTarts wrote: »

Probably a sweetener to get people to use the App?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Probably a sweetener to get people to use the App?

Isn't that what all the treats on the app are for, the cost of collecting the data they get from us any other way is just as costly to them without breaking data laws etc

Advertisement