Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ableton Live or FL Studio?????

Options
  • 11-12-2017 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Yo, so I am about to go ahead and buy some software but I am unsure of which one to get. I have narrowed my selection down to these 2 DAW's but can someone once and for all settle the debate for me please! Which one should I buy??

Ableton vs FL Studio 9 votes

Ableton Live
    44% 4 votes
    FL Studio
    44% 4 votes
    Other
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

MrT_98 wrote: »
    Yo, so I am about to go ahead and buy some software but I am unsure of which one to get. I have narrowed my selection down to these 2 DAW's but can someone once and for all settle the debate for me please! Which one should I buy??

There is no debate to settle. They each have their pros and cons. I'm an Flstudio user myself and love it but then I also admire aspects of Live that Fl doesn't have. I'm sure Live users have the same experience. Have you downloaded trials of each? That's the best way to figure out which you would find most comfortable working with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agree with mordeith. I used Cubase for years, dabbled a bit with FL Studio and am now using Ableton exclusively. I miss a lot from Cubase, however there are many things Ableton allows me to do that Cubase didn't. It will come down to personal preference and the only way to figure this part out is to trial the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I started off using a very early version of FL and then moved on to Reason. I then progressed on to Reaper with Reason rewired in when I needed audio.

However I have recently started using Live exclusively as I long suspected that if I got my head around it and got through the initial learning curve leap that it would suit me better. Since I've made the switch I've been a lot more productive and find it way easier to get out of the "stuck in a loop" problem that a lot of people have issues with. It's given my music creation a new lease of life.

Of course it's ultimately down to what suits you personally so as a poster above suggested, download trial versions and use them as much as you can to help your decision.

Tldr, I would vouch for Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Markspencer

Yes, Ableton is useful for you. The latest version of Ableton is more efficient. In Ableton Live 9 Standard, you can change any type of audio to MIDI. It is best for creating drum beats. Record your guitar chords in it and change into synth parts. If you want high- quality recordings, then Ableton is best for this purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Inpatient

I had used Cubase many years ago, since then i have started using LMMS

From reading online, out of most of them, LMMS is a fairly steep learning curve, but i have found it pays off.

The automation of any controls is very easy to use as is the beat and bassline section.

Worth looking over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement