Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭shmeee

How you get on with the holidays to Serbia? Kicked out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭baz9375

Anyone else who’s reactivated Turkish account with gift cards and still sharing the account with another household?

can you check if it’s working in the other households still?

i reactivated Turkish account today using Gift cards - account is working ok at home on all devices but when my sister tries at her home it gives an error message that cannot be used on her device.

When I click ‘get help’ on my profile at home it’s showing ‘Manage Netflix household’ option which definitely wasn’t there previously.

looks like they’re enforcing the anti password measures on the Turkish account when it recognises Irish IP address.

anyone able to check this on their Turkish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Wineman

Where can I purchase Turkish gift cards? Any chance you could direct me to the post that explains it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

Turgame or G2A. No real explanation needed. Buy voucher and redeem on Netflix. I am able to add vouchers without VPN. Some others need VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Any chance the opening post could be updated to reflect the usage of Turkish vouchers?

I'm confused myself. Do I need to make a new account using a VPN set to Turkey, buy vouchers on Turgame and then it's all good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

No with a new account you'll be geo-locked to Turkey and have to use a VPN for 30 days to watch Netflix. Some who reactivated their accounts after the cull faced the same issue.

PS - I'm confused too 😜

Apologies in advance for the busy table below, but piggy backing on @Confused11811 posts, this table might give you an idea of the value of Turkish v European accounts + some probable price increases on both sides in future.

At current prices, once cost of 200TL voucher approaches €9, it's time to start thinking about switching to one of the cheaper European accounts.

EU Bulgaria seem like safest best value long term.

Ya. Canceled account remains dormant for 10 months before they delete it so if voucher prices go up I'll create/cancel a Bulgarian a/c. I've managed to get 800TL of vouchers for €27.54 over the last couple of days which covers me till mid July on Standard plan. I'll probably buy another 30 euro or so worth over the next few days while prices are still low

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭xtal191

Fair play. To be honest I don't even think its worth those prices unless you have kids who use it a lot.

• Advertisement

Ya, that's my situation!! I don't watch a lot of it myself at all tbh. Rare enough. But my wife and kids like to watch Netflix and they like the ease of use. No faffing with Kodi or other apps. It just works when they want it to work. Difficult to argue with really.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

My Ethiopian account disabled yesterday, a week after setting it up... I think the end is nigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I was on Turkish rates for about 5/6 years, account got stopped about 10 days ago (Revolut payment method no longer worked).

Today I purchased 200TLY gift code via Turgame (6.30eur all in), enabled Turkish VPN, and restarted standard membership using the same account as the one I've used for past 6 years (cost approx. 176TLY) which appears to have worked.

I can currently use Netflix again on different devices in same household, with no VPN enabled (ie. Irish IP address). I'll see how it goes but wouldn't be surprised if the account gets deactivated again in the next week or two..

Does anyone know if it is possible to add additional gift code to Netflix in advance of the renewal date to cover the charge for 'next month' ?

You need a payment method which is from the country you sign up too.

EU cards used in different EU countries might be okay if Netflix respect EU laws on payment rights in the EU.

Vouchers are another option but turkey is the only low cost country accepting vouchers at sign up. A payment method like a Debit/credit card is otherwise required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Has been asked a couple of times but don't see a confirmation answer. Anyone who has reactivated their Turkish account using vouchers or using vouchers prior can you confirm if password sharing is possible for family accounts across different households? ie with the standard plan as an example you're permitted two simultaneous streams but can they be used in different households within Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭baz9375

I’ve reactivated my Turkish account and it looks to be ‘locked’ on my home IP address (Irish).

My sister previously shared this account in UK with no issue but since reactivating the account (with vouchers) she can’t use any devices at her home.

looks like they’re enforcing the one household measures on the reactivated Turkish accounts.

i Hadn’t set up a primary household on my profile but reading the Netflix help blurb they assign one based on most use and devices if you don’t set one yourself.

I have a second household using my account but it used max maybe 3 times a week for a couple of hours each time. It's possible it's never streaming at the same time. No issues so far but it's I imagine not a typical family sharing situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Turkey gift card worked for me but needed vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone re-sign up to another EU country (cheaper) yet? Has it been culled? If not does said country also have password share restrictions in place like Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Signed up to Bulgaria for €9.99 for the 4K plan.

24 hours and working fine.

I think I have the Bulgaria Library though as it’s showing the Top 10 in Bulgaria whereas my Turkey account always showed Top 10 in Ireland.

My VPN is switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

the good times are over, Netflix won't be getting full price from me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you have an EU account you see your local library regardless of where in the EU you are. So you will always see the Bulgarian library unless you switch on vpn to a non EU country (eg USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

i'm with Ukraine about a week now and all good.

But, Bulgria are Croatia and probably the safest options for sure, given they are the same price (€9.99 for the top plan).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Personally, I think the game is up unless you're prepared to use a VPN most of the time and not share an account with others. I've switched to a basic Bulgarian plan that costs €5 but only because that's where I live now. Previously, for the past four years, I had been sharing a Turkish account with my sister and allowed another relative to freeload but it's not worth the hassle. If I was still living in Ireland, I'd just live without Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭chrismcc409

Yep still up and running so far!! Only 3 days though which was what I got out of the Indian one. Like many here it's mostly just for kids. There's a few things I watch but would happily save and binge them. It was actually Sunday last week I got woken early by the kids complaining it wasn't working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone having issues creating account on turgame? I verify my phone number and enter email/password but it does not create account. It just refreshes the page and that's it.

I assume vpn is not needed for this.

Advertisement