Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALERT!! Turning warm and mostly sunny April 5th ==>

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

windy and cold here in the west today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got up to 19.6 here once the sea breeze died down this evening, glorious afternoon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mixed here. Lovely warm Sun but blowing a fair bit esp right on the coast where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Average day. Nothing special. Annoyed that the 20c weather didn't materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Average day. Nothing special. Annoyed that the 20c weather didn't materialised.

I'm sure given time you will get over it

• Advertisement

I'm sure given time you will get over it

Shhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Where are people getting the idea that we are expecting a heatwave for the weekend with up to 26oC expected.?

Where are people getting the idea that we are expecting a heatwave for the weekend with up to 26oC expected.?

Like most weather rumours, someone misunderstood something or they are just pulling it out of their arses.

The highest expected temperature over the weekend is actually 11c lower than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Well, I could repeat what I wrote but was snipped out the other day, but I won't. However, Irish don't define a heatwave by temperature, but rather by how sunny it is. Blue sky after the Equinox means a heatwave, apparently, regardless of temperature. I refer to it as flabulous weather...when the shirts come off and the cold air makes the flab go pink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

FWVT wrote: »
    However, Irish don't define a heatwave by temperature, but rather by how sunny it is. Blue sky after the Equinox means a heatwave, apparently, regardless of temperature. I refer to it as flabulous weather...when the shirts come off and the cold air makes the flab go pink.

Lol!

Indeed, today was a fabulous day with cloudless sunny skies - but in this part of the East coast the temp only reached 12C despite the warm sun; step into the shade and a chill wind was felt.

The temp is now 4C and we will likely have a frost tonight.

Below average temperatures - but glorious weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Give me cold,warm or hot sun any day of the week georgous morning in Athlone ��

Advertisement